Blu ray player settings on 720p

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. I'm a tad confused atm! Firstly, I'll go through my equipment.

Panasonic TH-37PX80 720P Plasma

Denon AVR-1909 AV Reciever

Panasonic DMP-BD35 BD Player

Tannoy SFX 5.1 Package with Monitor audio RD180 HD center speaker

I got a serious case of the i wants recently and nearly took the plunge and purchased a Pana 42G20 1080P, as I cant help the feeling I'm not getting the full potential from my system without the higher resolution. I managed to refrain....for now! I adore my PX80 with SD material but think my blu ray picture could be better. Right, here goes. If I set my Blu ray player to "Automatic" on the HDMI settings, it automatically chooses 1080P/24P. If I choose 720P on the player to match my plasmas res, 24p turns off and I get motion judder. On the blu ray settings, when you select the auto resolution it says "it will select the optimum resolution for your TV'. I know the PX80 handles 1080P/24P, but surely 720P would be better? So my questions are... is it something to do with my receiver this occurs? And what are the best settings to choose across the board? And surely just sending the native resolution to the TV would be better than sending the higher res to the TV's scaler to downscale? Help!

Thanks for listening and any help appreciated.

James

A

Anonymous

Worth upgrading to "Full HD " spec you think? Notice much difference on a 37"?

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Depends how much you want to spend..improvements are always possible!
emotion-2.gif

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
"I know the PX80 handles 1080P/24P, but surely 720P would be better?"

You should keep to 1080P as otherwise the picture would be scaled twice (downscaled to 720 then upscaled to 768 (Your tvs resolution))

A

Anonymous

Wanna spend around 650-700 mark. Looked at a samsung LED 40" today, the motion handling on the arsenal game was truly shocking.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
jamesf348:Worth upgrading to "Full HD " spec you think? Notice much difference on a 37"?

Screen size is relative. If you're sitting two feet away from the screen, then yes.
emotion-5.gif

As an owner of a 720p TV, that doesn't accept 1080p or 24 fps. I'd say hold off if you can. That's what I'm doing. OK, I'm fully aware I'm not getting the most out of Blu-Ray, but the picture is still great and I know that when I do get a new TV (when this one dies), even if I have to wait 10 years, I know I'll get even more back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts