BLU RAY on PC

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've just bought a new laptop that comes equipped with a BD player (Acer 5740).

I can set the region (5 times), and I have set it to region A so that I can now buy Criterion discs. My thought is to use it as a second player for region A discs only.

It's got an HDMI out (natch), but I can't find any settings that will allow me to determine output settings, ie. 1080p.

Do I correctly assume that native resolution is the default output?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I assume this came with Windows 7? If so, just right click on the desktop somewhere and choose Screen resolution (or you can access via the Start Menu, then Control Panel, then Display). You can then set the screen resolution there when connected to your TV to ensure it's the correct 1920 x 1080 resolution for Blu-Ray.

A

Anonymous

Thanx Prof!

My PC screen is 1366x768 - I didn't go the extra £200 for a 15" 1080 screen.

My assumption was that the on-board player itself will output to the hdmi and thereafter the external full HD screen and so the pc screen becomes immaterial.

Is this wrong?

A

Anonymous

OK. Here's some shameless bumping to try and get more info.

Some research has come up with the fact that I'll only ever get 60hz (no 24fps) off my BD drive, but this may well assist in playing NTSC-sourced extras which can look quite odd on my 24fps screen (North By NorthWest is a good example).

Obviously BD-Live becomes easy-peasy, although the paltry amount of reasonable stuff available is pathetic....

I think I'll change my player too. There are a few good 'uns on the market, and I might be able to make 'em all region.

But the original question remains - thoughts?

A

Anonymous

Harrylime:Thanx Prof!

My PC screen is 1366x768 - I didn't go the extra £200 for a 15" 1080 screen.

My assumption was that the on-board player itself will output to the hdmi and thereafter the external full HD screen and so the pc screen becomes immaterial.

Is this wrong?

If you're using windows 7 hook it up to the full hd tv via hdmi then on the laptop press windows button and p at the same time, then scroll across to projector, hit return, and it sould outtput on your hdtv. (you may need to change the resolution of the hdtv as described above).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts