Blu-ray DVD best connection

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm thinking of dipping my toes into the world of Blu-ray. I have earmarked the Panasonic BD350 MR unit and want to know the best way to connect it between my old Pioneer VSX-C100 AV Rx and my Panasonic TX-26LMD70A TV. I don't really want to replace the AV unit as well at present. All advice would be gratefully received.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
steve_s25:
Hi All,

I'm thinking of dipping my toes into the world of Blu-ray. I have earmarked the Panasonic BD350 MR unit and want to know the best way to connect it between my old Pioneer VSX-C100 AV Rx and my Panasonic TX-26LMD70A TV. I don't really want to replace the AV unit as well at present. All advice would be gratefully received.

Do you mean Sony 350? If you do, you don't have much choice. HDMI from screen to BD player and then optical or coaxial from BD player to Pioneer. If you went for a BD player which has multi channel output, you could connect it to the receiver using three pairs of stereo interconnects and could get HD audio which you won't get using optical or coaxial.

A

Anonymous

Sorry got my numbers mixed, i've investigated quite a few units this week. Its DMP-BD35 which i gather has been replaced by the BD60 from Panasonic.

A

Anonymous

Excellent choice (and wise one too!) over the Sony!
emotion-5.gif
However, blu-ray pictures on a 26 inch screen isn't going to be a revelation (far from it, infact) over an upscaler dvd player, so please bear that in mind.

nads

Gerrardasnails:steve_s25:
Hi All,

Do you mean Sony 350? If you do, you don't have much choice. HDMI from screen to BD player and then optical or coaxial from BD player to Pioneer. If you went for a BD player which has multi channel output, you could connect it to the receiver using three pairs of stereo interconnects and could get HD audio which you won't get using optical or coaxial.

as Gerrard says HDMI to TV and DIGI to the AMP. no HD sound though. you would need a different DB player for that as mentioned above.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
steve_s25:Thanks, everyone very helpful.

As has been mentioned, with a 26 inch screen, I doubt you would see a difference between the Pana BD35 and any machine under £1k. However, sound is different. I would buy the cheapest machine on the market which has multi channel out so that you can access HD audio through your older receiver. At least then you are taking full advantage of the BD format.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts