BK XLS200 sub setup.

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
I have just bought a bk xls200 sub and could do with some advice on the setup of it, i have tried using a spl meter but don't no if i am using it right, i went into my speaker setup on my amp and got the test tone out of one of the speakers then turned up the volume until i got the meter to read what i believe to be correct then set all the other speakers to the same.

panasonic 50px70 / panasonic bd30 / panasonic dmr-ex87 / onkyo 606 / kef iQ5se's / kef iQ2c / kef iQ1's on atacama stands / kef 1005's for back surrounds / bk xls200 sub.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
When you say turned up the volume, do you mean the individual speaker levels? If so, sounds good - generally the best setting to try and go for is 75dB, though I've heard from somewhere here to set the rears at 72dB - personally I went with 75 all round. I think the only other thing was to use the Slow setting (if you have a choice) and C-weighted gave me the best results.

beater

Apr 21, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your reply professorhat, I had already set the meter to the recommendations you stated, SLOW and C-Weighted, then went into level calibration on the amp and the test tone came out of the left front speaker. I turned up the volume until the meter read about 75db then repeated this on all the other speakers. My only question was having to turn the volume up considerably to achieve 75db. Is this normal practice?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts