BK Soobwoofers

The Dodge

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone bought or tried any of the BK Subwoofers at all please?

Cant find What Hi-Fi having any reviews recently but they seem to get great reviews from others and are very well priced

Looking to change mine so any views on these would be appreciated.

Thanks

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
Every where I've read they get great feedback. I've ordered mine last week and it should arrive soon. It can take a while as they are built to order. I'll let you know what I think when it arrives

scene

I have a BK XXLS400-DF...

It's a great sub. Good balance for music vs movies. Yes, if you're a real bass hound for movies the Monolith might be better, but it's also huge - the clue's in the name :)

I've found it very responsive and not at all flabby and very easy to set up and pretty forgiving of placement. The price/performance is excellent - yes there are better subs, but they are a lot more expensive, you'd probably end up spending around £250 more to match it. It's solid and well built, I've got an Oak veneer one and the finish is excellent - it almost looks like a piece of furniture, which helped sell it to my OH. It's got low level and high level inputs, which makes connecting it very flexible, and the A/B amp really drives the 10" speaker hard and fast.

BK Elec are very helpful, I wasn't sure which size sub to go with and they gave very honest advice, didn't try to upsell me to the bigger and more expensive monolith, just stated which of their subs were suited to my room size and the pros and cons of each, and what I should consider when choosing.

I have no complaints at all about it, or the company and would heartily recommend it.

Reactions: The Dodge

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
scene said:
I have a BK XXLS400-DF...

It's a great sub. Good balance for music vs movies. Yes, if you're a real bass hound for movies the Monolith might be better, but it's also huge - the clue's in the name :)

I've found it very responsive and not at all flabby and very easy to set up and pretty forgiving of placement. The price/performance is excellent - yes there are better subs, but they are a lot more expensive, you'd probably end up spending around £250 more to match it. It's solid and well built, I've got an Oak veneer one and the finish is excellent - it almost looks like a piece of furniture, which helped sell it to my OH. It's got low level and high level inputs, which makes connecting it very flexible, and the A/B amp really drives the 10" speaker hard and fast.

BK Elec are very helpful, I wasn't sure which size sub to go with and they gave very honest advice, didn't try to upsell me to the bigger and more expensive monolith, just stated which of their subs were suited to my room size and the pros and cons of each, and what I should consider when choosing.

I have no complaints at all about it, or the company and would heartily recommend it.

I have the same model as scene - and agree with everything he has said about the 400 and BK in general.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts