BK Gemini II sub

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Morning all,

my old sub died recently and I've ordered a BK Gemini 2 - seems to be a bargain. Although it isn't here yet, I'm after a bit of advice on connecting it.

My old sub simply had a sub lead from the sub out on my AVR (Denon 1911) in to the sub. I understand though that I can also run a normal "speaker" type connection to the BK. Is this just a case of running speaker cable to the sub from the spare speaker terminals on the back of the Denon AND using the sub cable for LFE? Effectively bi-amping from the AVR?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
You can do that, but it isn't bi-amping, it's just a high level connection, it will be a Neutrik style connector on the sub end, then 3 wires, 1 to one speaker terminal and 2 to another.

It depends on how you have your speakers set up and how you play back movies and music as to whether it's worth having both connection types.

If you use some sort of pure/ source direct which bypasses the sub LFE then it's worth having the direct connection too, then you get the sub for music as well if that's what you want.

I personally have my front speakers set to small and use "straight" with an 60Hz xover. That way the sub always takes care of the bass frequencies and the front speakers get an easier ride (which I find sounds better than pure direct).

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for that. That's pretty much how I have the set-up for music now so it looks like I'll leave it at the sub cable.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts