Birthday imminent.......wifi blu ray player?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
GSB said:
With the quality of stuff guys on here own,and the frequency of upgrades i think it would be a great thing to add a classifieds section.

Bet we won't get a coment from the team tho...you missed the whole spam invasion :grin:

Got to love the spam! Lol

i notice you have the 'R' series speakers from KEF.....are you liking them? Did you ever compare them with the Q series? I see on another forum that quite a few Q series owners moved to the R series ones when they came out and raved about them lots!

your thoughts on them?

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I havn't compared the two,but from the reviews iv'e read,and from the advice iv'e been given by forum members i can say that the R series is a good step-up from the Q,and the Q are good!!....got mine blind by the way :oops:

I couldn't accom a bigger sized speaker,so the R100's were perfect,the sound quality is amazing.The treble is just sweet,very smooth in the midrange,and for such a small speaker they drop a very low tight bass line :grin

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Ok....got the player today. First impressions were not good at all. Dull and lifeless picture but the sound was great. I was thinking it had been a poor purchase at this point.

After a few hours use it was evident that the picture was improving dramatically. Colours were much more vibrant and the detail was a touch sharper. Wifi was set up easily and I actually like the touchpad remote, although it looks cheap.

I guess the machine needed time to warm up a bit....maybe in the cold Curry's stock room too long?

Is it night and day better than my Sony bdp-s370, like the s370 was over my previous s350? Nope, but it offers a bit more detail on my hd ready screen, the all important wifi and a noticeably improved audio experience.

Hopefully it'll improve further after some more hours use......

GSB

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I rember that on my 310 there were quite a few usefull function's that sharpened the picture,helped with colour detail etc.

Glad your new purchase isn't a disapointment :cheers:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts