Bipole or Dipole - best setting for rear speakers in 5.1 setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm running a 5.1 set-up with Monitor Audio RS6 / RSLCR at the front and RSFX surround speakers at the back - actually fixed underneath the lip of our kitchen's breakfast bar (no other position options unfortunately). My question is, in this installation what speaker setting is preferable; bipole or dipole? The RSFX can be set either way.

I would have though that dipole would be best employed where the speakers are fixed to the side walls and bipole where they are fixed to the rear but I'm not sure. My sofa is more or less equidistant between the fronts and rears - in the middle of the room.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I have B&W DS3s and they recommend side speakers Diploe and rear speakers Bipole. The booklet says "It would be unusual, but not impossible, to set the side speakers to bipole and the rear spekers to dipole. I have mine set to bipole.

A

Anonymous

Lost Angeles:I have B&W DS3s and they recommend side speakers Diploe and rear speakers Bipole. The booklet says "It would be unusual, but not impossible, to set the side speakers to bipole and the rear spekers to dipole. I have mine set to bipole.
Thanks mate, I'll stick with bipole.

ElectroMan

Nov 20, 2008
Visit site
I have a pair of Polk surround speakers (dipole/bipole switchable), on my rear wall and they have always been set to bipole (as per Polk's recommendations) with great results.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts