Big space / low budget suggestions

Corky28

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I’ve trawled the forum but can’t see what I’m looking for. I have a big lounge, fairly square and is about 7m by 10m.

I need a speaker set up for big sound. This might not be the most popular stance here but I just want belting tunes for parties, driven from Spotify.

Can anyone recommend some affordable room filler solutions?

Thanks!

Hi, I’ve trawled the forum but can’t see what I’m looking for. I have a big lounge, fairly square and is about 7m by 10m.

I need a speaker set up for big sound. This might not be the most popular stance here but I just want belting tunes for parties, driven from Spotify.

Can anyone recommend some affordable room filler solutions?

Thanks!
What are you driving these speakers with?
Do you mean active or passive speakers?
Define "affordable '

Corky28

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
Something like Bose L1 Pro16?
SPL max: 118 dB (Cont.) / 124 dB (Peak)
If insufficient, take 2
Ah, I forgot the one other parameter in that it has to pass my wife’s “that’s ugly” test and unfortunately she has already ruled these out. I also considered ceiling speakers (nice easy to instal bungalow) but that would “ruin the nice smooth ceiling “ :)

Reactions: Cricketbat70

Corky28

Sep 23, 2023
Visit site
What are you driving these speakers with?
Do you mean active or passive speakers?
Define "affordable '
I am open to suggestions, as I said I want Spotify as a source, and whether that drives an active speaker or an amp/speaker set up is dependent on quality / sound / price / aesthetics.

affordable is very subjective. Under £1000 all in, but clearly if I can go cheaper and still tick the box then I’m good :)

Thanks

gasolin

Adam T8V + a cheap streamer or dac with bluetooth

Don't forget to include stands or wall mount

Mackie MR824, KRK V6S4

Super simple a Presonus MicroStation BT and use bt to stream from your favorite streaming provider on your phone,tablet

Reactions: Al ears
I am open to suggestions, as I said I want Spotify as a source, and whether that drives an active speaker or an amp/speaker set up is dependent on quality / sound / price / aesthetics.

affordable is very subjective. Under £1000 all in, but clearly if I can go cheaper and still tick the box then I’m good :)

Thanks
All those things you list affect the price! By ‘all in’ is that the loudspeakers alone, or amps plus speakers, or active speakers?

Have you ever owned or heard any Hifi that you like? Just trying to grasp what you are expecting.

How about this bundle - amp, tuner, streamer and floor standing speakers?

podknocker

Passive mabye Tekton MINI LORE MONITOR +
FOSI AUDIO BT20A or FOSI AUDIO V3 if you don't need bt
I've read all the Fosi Audio V3 reviews and watched the videos.

Unless I've misunderstood, the op amp chips can be swapped out to give a different sound?

Modding this sort of product isn't very common, but it might catch on.

TRENDING THREADS