Bi-Wire, waste of time???

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Masterbluster"]
[quote user="Anton90125"][quote user="Andrew Everard"]

And so it degenerates into squabbles. Smoke signals, anyone...?
[/quote]

Smoke signals down non existent cables more like.

[/quote]

Huff and puff from overpriced foo cable owner.
[/quote]

When you get back to reality let me know, we can then have a real adult debate.

I'd sooner have a foo cable then one that doesn't exist in this universe.

I am quite happy for you if you are happy with your "perfect" cable. Is that a negative foo cable, or antifoo cable or foo-1 cable you have then? Or do you have a phooy cable? Or do you have no cable at all but a "short circuit", speaker directly couple to your amp?

The danger of my huffing and puffing is I might blow your house of cards down!

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="gpi"] what about the long lengths of wound copper wire in the speakers and the standard, skinny wires inside components?[/quote]

I have a friend who has rewired most of his speakers (not the coils or inductors though) with excellent results.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Anton90125"]do you have no cable at all but a "short circuit", speaker directly couple to your amp?[/quote]

No, I don't have that, but the cable that gets closest to that ideal is obviously the best possible. One that costs a small fortune (why does it???) and needs coils to prevent it from blowing your amp misses the target by several miles.

Anton90125

Sep 1, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Masterbluster"][quote user="Anton90125"]do you have no cable at all but a "short circuit", speaker directly couple to your amp?[/quote]

No, I don't have that, but the cable that gets closest to that ideal is obviously the best possible. One that costs a small fortune (why does it???) and needs coils to prevent it from blowing your amp misses the target by several miles.

[/quote]

You are probably right about the cost part and getting close to the ideal.The Ideal being no resistance ,capacitance or inductance, but as you know - no cable can seriously claim that.

However I have to disagree with you about the rest (having heard the isolda and compared it to several cables, some think, some litz, some solid core,some silver coated copper,some branded, some from Maplins, some from CPC,some unbranded from Ebay . In bi wired mode, in single wire mode).

As I have said before on other threads, being disabled means I can not creep behind the Hifi to effect cable changes, I have to rely on friends who arn't above trying to trick me ( changing cables when they say they haven't or not changing when they say they have ). I have been blind tested so many times and yet I can identify the different cables (in that I notice there has been a change). The Isolda stands out head and shoulders above anything else I have.

The Isolda has a very low resistance and a very very low inductance (being more like two parallel copper foils). It has a higher then normal capacitance. The inclusion of an inductor network brings the overall capacitance down to normal levels and also acts as an RF noise filter. If you could hear this cable you would change your mind, its that obvious.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]

You keep talking about 'foo' cable. What on earth does this mean?

[/quote]

I found this.
emotion-10.gif

http://www.jargon.net/jargonfile/f/foo.html

Regards Ed.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Eddy Current"]

[/quote]

I found this.
emotion-10.gif

Regards Ed.

[/quote]

It's a polite way of saying ***** wire.
emotion-16.gif

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Masterbluster"]
[quote user="Eddy Current"]

[/quote]

I found this.
emotion-10.gif

Regards Ed.

[/quote]

It's a polite way of saying ***** wire.
emotion-16.gif

[/quote]

Ahhh, ive got it now - foo as in f u wire....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts