Bi-wire v. Coupling

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm sure I read an article somewhere saying that bi-wiring is actually a waste of money, and that using single wire and the couplings provided with the speakers is as good if not better. I'm considering upgrading my cable and was wondering what to do. Any advice? Cheers.

A

Anonymous

It really depends on the speakers, even though some speakers are bi-wireable it doesn't necessarily mean there are huge advantages in doing so. Which make/model are you planning on bi-wiring?

If you bi-wire and bi-amp that could be a different story, I think most bi-wireable speakers will benefit from this set-up.

Ian

A

Anonymous

I've got B&W CM2's. They are bi-wireable and the connecting posts seem pretty sturdy. I'm not bi-amping though. Cheers.

A

Anonymous

I'm not familiar with these speakers so the only advice I can offer is; although sturdy binding post are a big plus, I think it's more to do with the way the internal crossover system of the speaker works.

If I were you, I'd get a shortlist of the cables you'd like to try and then visit your dealer and see if he can let you have the cables on loan to try them in your system.

You didn't mention anything about your budget but I can recommend the Chord Rumour (it's available as standard or Bi-Wire) as a good starting point.

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts