BI-WIRE SPEEKER CABLE FOR HI-END SYSTEM

A

Anonymous

Hi,
My Hi End system is as follows:
PRIMARE CD31, PRIMARE PRE30 AMP AND PRIMARE A31.2 POWER AMP.
The loud speekers are DALI MENTOR 2.
Cheers.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="DJ_ROLANDO"]Hi,
My Hi End system is as follows:
PRIMARE CD31, PRIMARE PRE30 AMP AND PRIMARE A31.2 POWER AMP.
The loud speekers are DALI MENTOR 2.
Cheers.[/quote]

Yes, the QED will be more than adequate for that system.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]

QED!......I'll say nothing!

[/quote]

Hey, I only said it'd be adequate for that system. If it were me, and I had to have the Primare system, I'd be thinking Chord Odyssey or Epic.

A

Anonymous

HI,
I was thinking about using Chord Epic bi-wire for my system, as the reviews in WHFSAV Magazine gave it 5 stars. Do you think there will be a major improvement on sound and overall quality of the music compared to Qed Silver annaversary Bi-wire?
Thanks

A

Anonymous

Darn, I have QED Silver Anniversary XT bi-wire, bi-amping my front 3 speakers, should I upgrade it for the front pair? Is it letting the side down?

A

Anonymous

Thanks. Am going to be auditioning the Cyrus Discmaster 8.0qx and probably an Arcam 137 shortly. Need to make sure I'm doing what I need to do to give them the best chance.

Appreciate the advice. Thanks Andrew.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="mr_wazoo"]
Rolando what sort of music do you play?
[/quote]

Hi, I am enjoy all music, mainly Hip-Hop and RNB. Also a big fan of Dance Music.

A

Anonymous

Do WHF have any plans to review Van Damme speaker cables? They are quite popular on other hifi forums for some time but WHF have never mentioned them. How about doing a comparison with QED SA XT?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Van Damme is great cables but it's a pro audio cables rather than "hifi" so it wouldn't be in great interest here. I did recommended here many time with a little (or none!) reponsed. Afterall this forum is mainly for mag reader and sometime we have to adap accordingly.

A

Anonymous

I bought some VanDamme Blue series, 2.5mm cable in 12m runs for my rear surrounds, and it works great. Seems like a good quality very flexible cable. Good value too!

A

Anonymous

Cable is cable. Van Damme may be aimed at the pro-audio market but that does not mean it cant be reviewed by What HiFi. There's really no excuse for not reviewing it imo.

A

Anonymous

It's good value and maybe a viable alternative to traditional speaker cables. But you know how it is, the consumer market always runs at rip off prices when professional solutions often exist at a fraction of the price.

Try buying a leather Jacket in Selfirdges and then go down to a Bike store and find a better quality of leather at 15% of the price in a department store.

Whenever anything has a technical use, it goes for the best price that profession can afford, sometimes this is whole factors lower than the consumer equivalent.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="mr_wazoo"]
Cable is cable. Van Damme may be aimed at the pro-audio market but that does not mean it cant be reviewed by What HiFi. There's really no excuse for not reviewing it imo.

[/quote]
er...I really think they are too many cables reviews already! in fact....I would like to see less reviews on the wire! May be because I have no intention to changed my cables unless I can get my hand Virtual Dynamics nite2 at a reasonable price.

A

Anonymous

Perhaps there are too many cable reviews but that is perhaps because there are so many companies making cables - why? Because of the huge mark-ups possible. 90% of hifi cable manufacturers buy their cable from the far east, there's only a small number who actually make their own - Supra in Sweden, I think Atlas in UK do too. Now, if WHF were to review the Van Damme and it won a test, that might help reduce the market as many companies would have to rethink their pricing to compete.

A

Anonymous

Oldphrt has a good point here. You want the cable to be as transparent a piece of the puzzle as possible. Low resistance should suggest minimal losses.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts