bi-amping my nad c370

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've thought about bi-amping for years and reading this forum doesnt help, so, can i bi-amp my nad c370 with a nad c372 or vice versa becoz the c372 is a bit better. what cables would i need if it were possible, would i have to control both amps volumes or just one. i have 2 sets of speakers and one active sub. i know the c270 power amp is a good choice but i never see it come up.

on an unrelated issue, those canvas pictures (that TK Maxx sells quite cheap) really helped improve my hi-fi sound. i put some foam behind/within the canvas pics and it makes a big differance. miss my Lowrys but my ears need feeding more than my eyes.

cheers and merry xmas

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
On your last issue, you can get better results if you fill the back of the canvas pictures by rock wools instead of ordinary foam (unless it is open cell acoustic foam). To be effective the thickness of the rock wool or acoustic foam should be 4". Actually this acts as acoustic tiles which absorbs unnecessary reflections and thus making the music more clear to your ears. I have put up acoustic tiles and bass traps in my living room and the improvement is much much noticeable than spending a lot of money on very expensive interconnects and cables.

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Pedej0e:

I've thought about bi-amping for years and reading this forum doesnt help, so, can i bi-amp my nad c370 with a nad c372 or vice versa becoz the c372 is a bit better. what cables would i need if it were possible, would i have to control both amps volumes or just one. i have 2 sets of speakers and one active sub. i know the c270 power amp is a good choice but i never see it come up.

Do you actually mean you want to bi-amp one set of your speakers? I believe you can use two integrated amps (I think nad's have a 'pre out/main in' on the back?) and control the volume using one unit (connected with a normal RCA interconnect) but I'm confused by your statement 'I have two sets of speakers'. Are the second set in another room/area of the house?

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for your help. I currently run 2 speakers off one amp. sometimes i use one pair, sometimes another and sometimes both at the same time. am about to get some more speakers-bigger and more power so dont want 2 sets of speakers working off my nad c370 becoz i dont want to mess up the amp or the speakers. I heard that bi-amping is a good way of getting more out of your speakers. I could also bi-wire boths sets of speakers if i had 2 amps. both speakers are in one very large lounge. i like 4 speakers when listening to certain types of music and for films.

hope that makes more sense

cheers

Blackdawn

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Pedej0e:

I've thought about bi-amping for years and reading this forum doesnt help, so, can i bi-amp my nad c370 with a nad c372 or vice versa becoz the c372 is a bit better.

Merry Christmas!

I think the C370 is thought to be better reading other forums.

A

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for your advise. a nad power amp c270 was my first thought - am trying to go 2nd hand so i can afford an amp and speakers. power amps 2nd hand on rare, espec Nad. i dont know how things work if i mix names, ie rotel etc.

I dont know much about hifi apart from acoustics and the importance of a sound friendly room, but Ive read so many hifi topics regarding people bi-amping or power amping there amp to improve things and i fancy a bit of that.

dont know what other types of power amp to try. am trying to stick to about £250 for the 2nd hand amp/power amp.

I saw the c372 nad on ebay which was why i thought of it and its also a power amp.am very open to other power amps that would work well with the nad.

cheers

B&W 602 s3,601 s2,Monitor Audio 8i,Rodgers Ls7t,marantz CD67 MKIISE, nad c370,chord odyessy 2,monitor audio RSW12 sub

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts