Hooking up pair of NAD C270 to C370

WolfDaMadDog

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello All. I'm in posession of pair of NAD's C270 poweramps and NAD C370 intagrated. My idea is to assign one C270 per speaker. Is there anybody on this forum that has experience with that sort of connection and could explain in detail how to connect everything together and what kind of interconnects do I need ? Many thanks. PS.My floorstanders are Bi-wired Monitor Audio GR20Thank you.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Okay

TURN EVERYTHING OFF , then UNPLUG IT

flick the switch on the back the pwr amps to mono , connect the l/r cables from the 370 pre-outs to the inputs on the 270's white to one amp red to the other amp .

On the back of the power amps it will show the terminals to connect the speaker to when mono blocked , if you look one set of terminals will have a " U " diagram ,

I grow old and I grow tired but I think NAD say 4ohm min load when mono blocked , your speakers are ?

After that you can manage the i/o levels on the amps

James

WolfDaMadDog

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Thank you James for taking time and explaining me in detail what is what. Is that mean I only need one RCA interconnect cable to connect poweramps to Integrated? like this one from picture below?Correct me if I'm wrong. Many thanks.Stan.
$_57.JPG

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
The speakers are nominal 6 ohm, the Nad power amplifiers will drive 2 ohm loads in stereo so should be fine into 6 ohms when mono'd.

Cables are fine, just so that you can split them to separate power amplifiers. Might do better with two individual phono cables, just for positioning really, no other reason.

JamesMellor

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Yeah just like that Stan ,

Quick look at the manual shows which speaker terminals to use , also see the 370 /270 have variable outputs and inputs you can use these to extend the range of the volume knob.

James

WolfDaMadDog

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
Once again big thank you guys !!!

Finally I've decided to go for Qed Reference Audio 40 to hook up and I'm way too happy *biggrin* Everything is up and running now ... what a sound !!! Comparing to my first setup with C370 on its own is wooow! massive difference. On the other forum somebody said I've wasted money buying two c270 as c370 is fantastic integrated amp and is way enough to drive MA gr20. Hmmm not entirely agree with this opinion.

Best regards and Merry Christmas !!!

Stan.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts