Bi-Amping / Cut Over Frequency / Forum Brain Picking

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Forum,

I have just Bi-Amped my Yamaha Z7 to my front Dali Ikon 6, and everything is fine in terms of Wiring and Config Selection.

Question: How does my Z7 determines the cut over frequency of my Speakers (Low Pass and High Pass). Are these frequencies the same for every speakers, and therefore my Z7 knows to send lower frequencies below XXX Hz to the Surround Back (currently used for bi-amping) for Bass OR.... there is more than meets the eyes

I hope the question is clear enough.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Messiah

The same full range signal (minus any frequency set to go to the sub) is sent via the Fronts and the Surround back outputs if configured for Bi-Amp mode.

The frequency crossover occurs in the speakers. Hence, high and low connectors.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Messiah for your quick reply and for confirming that I needn't have done anything more than tell my amp I am bi-amping the front.

I have to say that bi-amping DOES make quite a different. The Ikon 6 are already pretty transparent by nature, but now things are taken to a next stage of clarity. I am a convinced Bi - Amper !!!

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I can only agree EMSKY1, I was advised by my local and most excellent hi fi retailer to bi amp the fronts, the sound is a step up from anything I had heard to date.

Didn't worry about cut over frequencies etc etc, just told the amp to set to bi amp and all was well, brilliant in fact

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts