bi-amping

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

El Hefe

Jun 21, 2008
Visit site
Overdose said:
Anyone wanting to 'bi-amp' would do well to read and try to understand paragraph 5 of the information in THIS article.

Whatever you decide to do, do it properly and do it once, or it will hit you in the wallet.

interesting paragraph... In general, I do agree with it... Hence, I too always use the word 'different' sound rather than improved sound...

however, its when there is such a catch phrase ...'In general, it is likely that the improvement - assuming there is an actual improvement of course - will be small...' People will go.....aaahh there might be a benefit to passive bi-amp... Lets try it :)...

It might be better just to state 'NO IMPROVEMENT' ... No punt intended here...

sonic21

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
hi guys! im back. just got my roksan kandy k2 power amp yesterday. bi-amped it, the hi's and the mid's driven by the kandy k2 intergrated and the lows by the power amp. the power amp is new so just burn-in bout 12hrs, already i can hear better imaging on the voice of nah youn san 'moondog' song. for those who never heard of her, she's a korean contemporary jazz singer. also noticed more precise bass and better dynamics. now it has only been 12hrs since first played. im a believer in burn-in period, hopefully will get even better lows after 100hrs or so. at the moment im happy with bi-amping and will stick to it. will be back for somemore comments after 100hrs of burn-in. cheers guys!

OWL4

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I also have this question in mind for months that adding K2 power amp to my K2 integrated will result in what sonic benefits?

For 11 years I had been using NAD integrated and power to bi-amp my speakers and I clearly heard improvements over integrated alone, but I'm not sure about Roksan,

It's highly appreciated if you (Sonic 21) inform me about your experience, thank you

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts