Bi-amping a NAD C350 with a C270...opinions?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I have a pair of B&W 602.5 currently running off a NAD c350 & C521i. These speakers are renowned for having a weak bass grip, but having listened to the system for a while now I notice that the separation is pretty grim too. I want to release some definition by adding the C270 but have a couple of questions:

- does anyone have this combo? (270+350) How does it perform?

- the C350 is 60wpc, and the C270 is 120wpc, but both have the same gain...should be OK?

- does anyone have a C270 (or a C370 at a stretch) as I am having trouble tracking one down!

Thanks all

Daniel

A

Anonymous

Good point, I should probably qualify myself a bit more!

Most of the time I listen to Jazz, soul, acoustic etc and the set-up sounds great - really very involving. However, with other genres they get a bit muddled. This got me thinking that if I bi-amp my system it'll deal with all genres and take my preferred listening to a new level.

On the whole I am rather fond of the speakers and would prefer to optimise what I have in preference to moving onto something different. In addition, I have plans to gradually expand the system over the next few years, ending up with the 602.5's as the rear set in a 5.1 surround system, which they'll be stunning as.

1st step - bi-amp (C270)
2nd step - active sub (BK xls200) (I'm not a bass freak, but love a bit of body!)
3rd step - replace speakers with (eg) 704's (602.5's into storage)
4th step - 1 more amp (C270), decoder & centre speaker (bi-amped from the C350), et voila, full 5.1 system to die for!

Well, it's a plan at least!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts