Bi-amp with single amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Recently I have bought a Denon 2309 for my MA RS6-RSLCR-BRFX 7.1 speaker package (not using any subwooofer currently/BRFX integration under review). Looking into the bi-wire/bi-amp provisions of the RS6, I was wondering, based on Denon's claim of built-in separate amplifiers to power all channels independently, if I could bi-amp the RS6 using the Speaker "A" & "B" and using the front speakers' set-up as A+B instead of using two AVRs/amps.

Apart from whether the above is possible, I was wondering what happens (or is it really possible) if one tries to use the front speakers as "A+B" (i.e. speaker 'A'= L+R and speaker 'B'=L+R) along with centre, surround L+R and rear surround L+R under zone1. This way we end up needing 9 amps for the 9 speakers. Has anyone ever tried these connections?

Another question....is there only 1 amp to drive both the speakers A&B? If so, while using only speaker "A" connection for the front L+R, do I set-up the front speakers as only "A" or as do I get better current using "A+B" while using only "A".

Any inputs would be of great help.

A

Anonymous

The manual says to use the Surr.Back outputs for bi-wiring the front speakers, and then selecting bi-amp in the setup options. For you, with 7.1 that is not an option. I tried using A+B for bi-wire and then setting speakers output A+B, and that worked as well. Not sure if A,B use separate amps.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the clarifications. In fact I read about that in the manual after posting on this thread. Silly of me
emotion-6.gif
However I find sound output level from PLX-II cinema/Neo:6 cinema decoding much subdued compared to other surround modes (while using 2 channel source only).I need to crank up the volume above -20 to hear dialogues properly while in 7 channel stereo mode volume levels of -25 appears more than enough. Have you experienced anything like this? Do I need to increase the channel level for all speakers for this? Currently I have speaker levels at -3 FL; -3.5 C; -4 FR (manually adjusted based on speaker locations & distances from main listening position). Haven't used the audyssey multiEQ yet.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts