Malea654

Mar 10, 2023
Visit site
I am by no means an expert in audio or critical listening but I am looking to invest around 100-200 into a pair of headphones. While browsing I found a nice set of used Amiron Home Headphones and the Beyerdynamic Impacto being sold together within my price range. Any opinions on this combo, I see a lot of conflicting opinions online with people loving them and other not. I also want to mention that the price is lower than others on the market.
I will be running them from my Macbook and iphone.

Gray

The sound (and comfort) of headphones are extremely subjective.
Your opinion may be very different to those you have read...and to the opinions of people here.

If you've never heard anything else, chances are you could buy what you've mentioned and, in isolation, be more than happy.
It's only when you make comparisons, that you find out if you could have done better or worse. And only your opinion counts.

Sorry if that doesn't help much, but it's the truth.

If you try to describe the type of sound you prefer (and whether you think open or closed back might suit)......then we might come up with a few suggestions 👍

Malea654

Mar 10, 2023
Visit site
Thats really sound advice I understand. Personally, I feel like I dont have enough experience to have a preference in how its tuned. I am just looking for something high quality and if its worth the price of 150. I also acknowledge that even a bad set of headphones will be good now because of the limited experience I have.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I also acknowledge that even a bad set of headphones will be good now because of the limited experience I have.
And the good news is that, with brands such as Beyer, Sennheiser and AKG, you're unlikely to end up with a bad pair.

I've tried models from all of them and have found that more expensive does not (necessarily) mean better.

It may seem a bit unethical but....purchasing new from somewhere with easy, free returns would allow you to get a worthwhile idea of (what can be vast) sound differences.

Because I own Sennheiser HD-560S, I can't recommend them highly enough - I'd have been happy for them to have been my first pair (as there's a chance they'll be my last).

I haven't heard Beyer's Pro X, but from my experience with their other models, I think the 700 (closed back) or 900 (open) might be good value....although it wouldn't leave any of your budget for DAC / amp - they would be a good start - and you may find that they don't need the extra help...

Last edited:
Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts