Question Desktop amp to drive Beyerdynamic Amiron Home

soupladel

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
I recently got myself the Beyerdynamic Amiron Home set of can and am looking for something to drive them at home.

As these are open back i am not looking to use these on the go, but to that end i did also pick up the Beyerdynamic Impacto Universal DAC/Amp.

My set up at home I intend using these on Rega Planar 2, Rega A2d Mini, Marantz NR1604 AVR.

I'm aware the Marantz could probably drive the cans after a fashion, but its unlikely i will get the best of them without the addition of a dedicated headphone amp, therefore can anyone recommend a reasonably priced amp that will fit the bill? not looking for anything with a DAC as i can't see a time i will incorporate anything digital into this set up in the near future

soupladel

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
Would you recommend something like the A50s over the Beyerdynamic A20 which is actually not so easy to get and i am not in the market to go for something like the A2.

soupladel

Dec 29, 2021
Visit site
It seems the only outputs my amp has are the aforementioned "pre-out" or the headphone socket on the front.

However, the being said, if i were to get something like the Topping a50s which has RCA in and out, i presume that means i could daisy chain it and place it between the Rega Fono mini A2D and the AVR amp?

Gray

Would you recommend something like the A50s over the Beyerdynamic A20
I've owned the A50S for a while.
It's an easy recommendation, no audible noise, flat frequency response, drives (balanced or unbalanced) headphones more than adequately - really no need to spend more.

Yes you could place it (or similar) between your phono preamp and Marantz input, not ideal as it puts 2 volume controls in your chain - OK once you get used to required level settings though.

With an easy return option, you could compare anything you buy with what you have, to ensure there's a worthwhile improvement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts