Mario Angiulli said:
My wife wants me to buy those speakers because she likes the design, since they are better then the ones I have, I 'll go for that!

I want to upgrade amplifier, too, what do you think of Abrahamsen V2 UP ? Since those speakers have big woofers I guess they need a lot of power (current)...

Those speakers are old, maybe 80's and quite inefficient (86dB and 4 ohm) and were suggested for use with amps 25-150watts.

Be wary of the foam around those woofers disintegrating.

That seems a lot of money to spend on an amp to drive these cheap old speakers.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Mario Angiulli said:
My wife wants me to buy those speakers because she likes the design, since they are better then the ones I have, I 'll go for that!

I want to upgrade amplifier, too, what do you think of Abrahamsen V2 UP ? Since those speakers have big woofers I guess they need a lot of power (current)...

The Abrahamsen V2.0 up will drive any speaker you care to chose easily, and those speakers will sound the best they can possibly be. *smile*

Al ears said:
Those speakers are old, maybe 80's and quite inefficient (86dB and 4 ohm) and were suggested for use with amps 25-150watts.

Be wary of the foam around those woofers disintegrating.

That seems a lot of money to spend on an amp to drive these cheap old speakers.

The foam is new, but I know I will have to switch it every 4-5 years.

Maybe that ampli is too expensive, but I want a good one, the one that can make those speakers sound best with that budget. Any suggestion of a cheaper powerful amplifier?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the AR-11B and I can tell you from experience you will need an amplifier that can drive the 2 ohms impedance drops. At the time I used Harman/Kardon HK6900 and it worked extremely well.

Abrahamsen, Electrocompaniet, Harman/Kardon, Haffler, Adcom, Bryston would be on my list.

Vintage + Modern Design is what make beautiful and warm some houses. But who cares, as long as those speakers are bigger and sounds better then mine :) . I will re-sell them as soon as my wife changes her mind, but going forward

One step beyond.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
If it was me I would buy the abrahamsen 2up as you have to think of the future too just in case you change them speakers for something better or harder to control the abrahamsen will run any speaker

Blacksabbath25 said:
If it was me I would buy the abrahamsen 2up as you have to think of the future too just in case you change them speakers for something better or harder to control the abrahamsen will run any speaker

Agree if you have the cash, and I don't know what the Abrahamsen costs in euros, but you cannot get much better for the money allegedly.

Your wife has taste sir. :)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Mario Angiulli said:
Al ears said:
Agree if you have the cash, and I don't know what the Abrahamsen costs in euros, but you cannot get much better for the money allegedly.

I am afraid Abrahamsen does not have enough power, is there anything as good but more poweful in the same price range?

thanks!

There are more powerful amps than the Abrahamsen for a bit more money but they are probably not as good imo .

The Abrahamsen V2.0 is far more powerful than the 70wpc suggests with transient power of over a kilowatt and a massive amount of current delivery, it should go plenty loud enough without any distortion .

I can't think of anything else for the same money that comes even close.

Give Colin a call, he might be able to demo one for you .

http://www.iqspeakers.co.uk/?gclid=CJfq-7nu9MgCFSoEwwodtMEDOQ#!abrahamsen-audio/ckbj

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Electro said:
Mario Angiulli said:
Al ears said:

I am afraid Abrahamsen does not have enough power, is there anything as good but more poweful in the same price range?

thanks!

There are more powerful amps than the Abrahamsen for a bit more money but they are probably not as good imo .

The Abrahamsen V2.0 is far more powerful than the 70wpc suggests with transient power of over a kilowatt and a massive amount of current delivery, it should go plenty loud enough without any distortion .

http://www.iqspeakers.co.uk/?gclid=CJfq-7nu9MgCFSoEwwodtMEDOQ#!abrahamsen-audio/ckbj
+ 1 there is plenty of power on the Abrahamsen 2up

Blacksabbath25 said:
Electro said:
Mario Angiulli said:
Al ears said:

thanks!

+ 1 there is plenty of power on the Abrahamsen 2up

No idea where you got the idea it doesn't have enough power from. Are you planning an outdoor rock concert?

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Mario Angiulli said:

If enough power, I've not heard of a better amp at the price. Which country are you in?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Electro said:
Mario Angiulli said:
Al ears said:

thanks!

Really?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts