Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
Hi,

this one

http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/Gemini.htm

or just a bit over this one

http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/XLS200-DF.htm

:cheers:

This is where I'd put my money, as well.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
the gemini II looks good but not sure how much better it'd be compared to the wharfedale diamond sw150 as it doesnt state it's frequency range.plus it's down firing i'd prefer front firing really as dont want neighbours complaining

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
will have to think about the subwoofers really hard

see how the sw150 sounds at demo tomorrow testing a couple cd's and man of steel on blu-ray hope it makes me think "wow"

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
BK Subs are excellent value for money.

I wouldnt worry too much about advertised frequency reposne its horse droppings.

What bass you get in your room will be completely different - you will be lucky to get anything below 40hz thats not so modal its over power everything else.

The bass you feel is 50-60 htz and up, in most room the deep bass is lost or not there is enough voluem for you to hear it anyway.

Concentrate on quality - the BK's are excellent - when you have more cash invest in an antimode if your av receiver doesnt have comprehensive bass managment - makes all the difference in an untreated listening room

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
nugget2014 said:

see how the sw150 sounds at demo tomorrow testing a couple cd's and man of steel on blu-ray hope it makes me think "wow"

Almost any sub will make an impression if you have not had one before.

As you get used to what a good sub should sound like, then you get fussier.

The Wharfedale is a good enough vfm budget sub, but as said above, the BK XLS200 is a substantial step up, and almost in budget (well worth the extra imo).

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
nugget2014 said:

Please let us know how you get on Nugget - I'm interested to know your thoughts once you've heard a few systems

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
nugget2014 said:

Please let us know how you get on Nugget - I'm interested to know your thoughts once you've heard a few systems

will do jonathan :) would get the bk but downfiring is the only issue i see with it. does downfiring make that much of a difference in shaking the floor?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
bigboss said:
BK holds a good reputation, and I suspect it will be superior to Wharfedale. If you don't want a downfiring sub, check this:

http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofers/XLS200.htm

did you see this post?

The XLS200 has the FF as well.

Bit out my budget honestly. I've revised my budget down a bit after visting superfi today

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
jonathanRD said:
nugget2014 said:

Asked about the wharfedale diamond 122s and dont have them in. They sold one pair in a year he even said I don't have a clue why as they had good reviews and sounded good. In 2 weeks I'm going back to demo Dali zensor 3s and the wharfedale sub and some b&w bookshelf speakers. They made a bit of a mistake with what I wanted to demo

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
It doesnt make any difference what way the speaker is facing, both supposed to sound the same.

Less likely damage down firing speaker.

Wait until you can afford what you want - otherwise you will end up buying twice
smiley-wink.gif

TRENDING THREADS