Best Sub woofer in £150 to £200 range

njprrogers

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Cambridge Audio 640A Amplifier, Marantz NA6005 Network streamer and a pair of B&W 685 S2's. I am mostly interested in listening to music althought the system is hooked up to my TV.

I am looking to beef up the sound of the 685's with a reasonably priced subwoofer. I am looking for some recommendations.

The system is situated in a big enough room, about 6 metres by 10 metres.

I have looked at Wharfedale 150SW at about £150 but wonder if I am skimping too much here :) I would also be open to looking at a 'pre-loved' sub.

Thanks!

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
njprrogers said:
Hi,

I have a Cambridge Audio 640A Amplifier, Marantz NA6005 Network streamer and a pair of B&W 685 S2's. I am mostly interested in listening to music althought the system is hooked up to my TV.

I am looking to beef up the sound of the 685's with a reasonably priced subwoofer. I am looking for some recommendations.

The system is situated in a big enough room, about 6 metres by 10 metres.

I have looked at Wharfedale 150SW at about £150 but wonder if I am skimping too much here :) I would also be open to looking at a 'pre-loved' sub.

Thanks!

Check out BK subs - very good reputaion for value for money http://www.bkelec.com/

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
your price bracket I'd second the BK recommendation. As per my signature I've recently added a BK sub and it's complemented my system perfectly. I was previously using the Yamaha WCX50's EQ just to add a little more bass and warmth of my DM10's sound. I honestly couldn't imagine filling out the sound stage anymore or really improving it but the addition of the BK has succeeded in this perfectly. All EQ settings on the Yamaha are off now, the added subwoofer has completed the perfect set up for my taste.

I could have gone larger (XLS400) but no need in my current surroundings. IPV, even LindsayT recommended the addition of BK Gemini during the (I'll whisper it) AVI, ATC, EV bake off so I think it's definitely worth considering and wouldn't be money wasted or regret inducing.

njprrogers

Aug 12, 2015
Visit site
Great advice guys, I'll have a look at the BK!
thumbs_up.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts