Best sub for £1000 for music then movies

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
What's the best subwoofer for use with Music and movies for £1000 that can accept both stereo and home cinema inputs simultaniously - for example like the REL subs. Music is probably most important to me.

Was going to go demo the Rel R305 and 505 - Monitor Audio GSW12 although as far as I am aware this has an input switch for stereo and home cinema so selects one or the other

A

Anonymous

How about the Vandersteen?

2Wq Series

2wfrcolor.jpg

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat:
What's the best subwoofer for use with Music and movies for £1000 that can accept both stereo and home cinema inputs simultaniously - for example like the REL subs. Music is probably most important to me.

Was going to go demo the Rel R305 and 505 - Monitor Audio GSW12 although as far as I am aware this has an input switch for stereo and home cinema so selects one or the other

B&W PV1.

I have mine connected to both my A/V receiver & my Hi-Fi amp simultaneously (Comes with it's own cable for high-level/speaker connection). Oddly, I trawled through the manual, and it doesn't mention connecting both at the same time, but I've had it this way for about 9 months, and it sounds awesome in both systems, I'm just careful to ensure one system isn't playing when I start the other.

You'll probably find many people will tell you you're paying for the looks, not performance. I'd bet the bulk of these people haven't actually heard the PV1 in action.

EDIT: I've just re-read this and your other post and I think you're talking about not only connecting them simutaneously, but also running them simultaneously. I'm not sure if the PV1 is able to run both inputs simultaneously. I think the manual says the low level input takes priority, but I could be wrong.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
thanks Big Chris - instructions are driving me mad as present as seem to really lack detailed information of their own products - currently have an arcam Logo which you can connect both av and stereo at same time and add the stereo input to your fronts for movies to the lfe - this isn't a major need just as long as both can be connected at same time but the lfe becomes the dominent channel as my av pre outs are connected to my stereo amp so the sub needs to be able to handle both signals at once.

The rels seems to do the same as the arcam so allowing the lfe channel to play but then also converting the front low end into the mix as well - the good thing about sub with high level inputs is i can connect to the second set of speakers out on my arcams so then can decide wherther i want it in the loop or not for stereo listening - i notice some only offer low level for stereo which means unless unplugged will always be looped in.

Seems i am asking a lot of the sub reading instructions but would have thought a lot of people would want to set up the way i do!

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
matengawhat: the good thing about sub with high level inputs is i can connect to the second set of speakers out on my arcams so then can decide wherther i want it in the loop or not for stereo listening

This is exactly how I've set mine up. The supplied High level cable is connected to my switched SP2 terminals, allowing me to disconnect it at the touch of a button. (hardly ever happens though!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts