Best speakers for Rock music and Movies

SwordfishV

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I am looking for speakers that go well with rock music and good with movies. I mostly listen to rock Killers, White Stripes, Hives, Strokes but enjoy kinds of music from funk to rap and pop. I need enough drive and good midrange. I am looking for good detail and clarity and spacious sound for concert videos.

I had trouble looking for headphones all of the headphones I was advised like Shanhiser Momentun or Beyerdynamic DT990 sounded a little dry with and the music was not fun. And when I was almost ready to give up one guy offered to listen to Sony mdr 1r and loved it. So I was hoping to get a good advise from you guys at WHF.

I was highly recommended Klipsch RF series but listening to them at the local mall did not impress me.

Litened to Yamaha N 700 liked the crisp tremble but am afraid I am going to grow tired while listening.

I also listened to Dali Zensor 7 and Dali Ikons 6 or 7 and Dali Lektor 6. They all had good vocals and Ikons were very good.

There Is another small problem. My apartment is not very big http://s61.radikal.ru/i174/1304/31/d8464f8d1081.jpg

And the distance between me and the speakers will be about 3 meters or so.

I heard big floor standers need space and show detail at a certain level of volume.

So I am looking for small versions/ In my search I came across Dali Zensor 5 and B&W CM8

I was thinking of partnering Zensor 5 dali sub e-12 f with Onkyo 717/818 and maybe turn it later into 5.1 with vocal and zensor 1 or buying B&W CM8 with Rotel 1520. I did not had a chance to listen to them.

What do you think? What would you recommend ?

soulsonic34

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
You can't go wrong B&W though Dali has a better mid-range.

I have a B&W which I find excellent for both music and films/TV.

Also if possible audition Mordant Shorts - good value for money and are comparable with Dali with a slight better bass response.

soulsonic34

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
You can't go wrong B&W though Dali has a better mid-range.

I have a B&W which I find excellent for both music and films/TV.

Also if possible audition Mordant Shorts - good value for money and are comparable with Dali with a slight better bass response.

sthomas048

May 23, 2009
Visit site
Klipsch are rockers. I have a pair, but you say you didnt like them. I have em paired with a warm and fuzzy old Pioneer amp and its a good balance. But good luck in your search. I would suggest B&W too.

danrv

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Dali Lektor 2. Not floorstanders but I have them paired with a Roksan Kandy K2 and they do everything. Music really comes alive with these and I also have the TV sound connected. Great for concerts and movies.

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Imo there are no speakers specialized in any kind of music. The speakers which are honest will give you natural sound for any kind of music, also rockmusic and movies! The music itself makes the difference!

My advice: Epos Elan 15 or Epic 2, standmounters, or Kef R300. They are even not expensive!

B & W's, in general, i find a little overpriced.

Good luck!

SwordfishV

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
To Rethep

I heard budget B&W speakers loose to competition. I don:t know wether CM8 are budget speakers or not, just heard they are good for small sized room and particularly good with rock.

richardw42

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Personally I'd be looking at good standmounts, where you have the option of adding a sub or not. Much more flexible.

Something from the Monitor Audio Gold series, IME the lesser models don't quite cut it although I've not heard the very latest models.

I had the GS10. Very smooth, detailed but needing a sub for the lowest notes. I had the MA RSW12 sub which was excellent for movies but a tiny bit slow for music. Still a great combo.

A good/bad sub can really effect the sound so if going this route take as much care picking one. Of course you can switch off on particular tracks if you li e. Not possible with floorstanders.

The above is my preference for movies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts