Best speaker type for rear surrounds

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am moving house shortly & DIYing a dedicated HT room. I currently have Monitor Audio RS6/LCR/RSFX and planning on upgrading to the GX range when they land in Australia. I'll likely keep the RSFX on the side walls and have capacity for a pair of rear surrounds which will give me a 7.1 setup. I'm wondering for the rear pair, would it be better to have a similar set as the RSFX or are a pair of direct radiating speakers better?

A

Anonymous

Monitor Audio suggest another pair of RSFX, with the ones on the side wall set to dipole & the ones on the rear Walls set to bipole(direct radiating), I've heard this setup and it gives a great sense of rear sound stage(previously owned RXFX).

A

Anonymous

I personally fell that to get the right balance in any HT setup you should have all 5 speakers from the same manufacturer and within the same range. this will give the best sonic match all round, that said this can be quite subjective, I like my effects channels quite loud whilst other prefer them more reserved. if the later is the case, the afore mentioned argument becomes less significant.

I agree with what markjaspi has said fully, but it's very determinate on your preferred listening tastes.

A

Anonymous

No, that sounds good actually. Do you think RSFX (2 pairs) will fit in with GX up front? I guess the receiver will balance out tonal variations. I could likely pick up a pair of RSFX/RXFX pretty reasonably whereas two pairs of GXFX is $$$'s

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts