Best Speaker Package for sub £450

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all

I have just took delivery of my Yamaha RX-V667 and have to say, what a unit. Puts my denon 2807 to shame.

Anyhow am now looking for a quality style speaker package that will fulfill my needs with movies but also give my music a fair shout. I have been looking at the KEF 1005.2 but read that they are not great with music so am now also looking at the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS speakers.

The speakers have to be descrete due to wifey. So cannot go too mad. Can anyone recommend any other speakers or are the two pacakages I am looking at going to do the do.

A

Anonymous

Monitor audio vector package can be had for around £475 I believe, that would be better IMO or you could look for one on the outgoing range of speakers, maybe a second hand BS range or some KEF 2005.3 or something similar.

If it where my money probably the Vectors though.

A

Anonymous

How about Cambridge Audio Minx or Q Acoustics 2010 award winner? Deals a plenty at the moment

Regards

Mark

A

Anonymous

mjg060468:Pardon my ignorance but what is a BS range

Sorry I meant the BR range, the previous series to the BX, it's another case of using the iPhone and it replacing what I type and then I've posted it before ive checked it.

A

Anonymous

tane0019:B&W MT25 should be a good match.

Really for £450, you maybe able to buy 5 x sats for that, but I doubt you will get the sub (B&W608).

Always cut the red wire!

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Shame they need to be 'style', since this is absolutely the best value speaker package under 450 quid right now...

Hi, I am also looking at £400 ish 5.1 systems. Was a toss up between Mordaunt Short Alumni 5.1 or Tannoy Mercury F3 Custom 5.1.

I see that you have said the best is the F1 but is the F3 just as good because I like the look of floorstanders?

I did put up a post about the 2 systems but got no replies!

A

Anonymous

Ok have narrowed down, due to budget to Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1, KEF 1005s or these Q Acoustics 1010i that I could probably get for under £400

Thoughts

A

Anonymous

mjg060468:
Ok have narrowed down, due to budget to Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1, KEF 1005s or these Q Acoustics 1010i that I could probably get for under £400

Thoughts

Out of that list Q Acoustics would be my choice.

TRENDING THREADS