Best player for Yamaha RXV1900 and B&W 685 Theater

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've already bought A/V receiver Yamaha RXV 1900 and B&W 685 Theater. I'm confused about player, what to buy: Blu-Ray or DVD player at first, and than, which model: thinking about Cambridge Audio DVD99, Pioneer BDP51FV or Panasonic DMPBD55. Any suggestion, please.

Thanks,

Tom

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Get Blu-Ray player first and then see if you actually think you need a separate DVD player. As to which one, have you seen the latest issue of WHF which has a Group test of most of the available BD players in it.

A

Anonymous

Yeah I would be hard pressed to buy a DVD player after buying BD, most BD players can be easily hacked for region free DVD playback too. Totally up to you though. As for the BD player in that price range I'd personally go for the Pioneer for the higher quality playback or save the cash and go for a Panasonic DMPBD35 or Sony BDP-S350 which have very similar playback to their big brothers except they come with less features which you don't really need with that amp.

A

Anonymous

Thanks both of you.

I'm going to buy Pioneer....... hope it's best decision.

T.

A

Anonymous

tomving:

Hi,

I've already bought A/V receiver Yamaha RXV 1900 and B&W 685 Theater. I'm confused about player, what to buy: Blu-Ray or DVD player at first, and than, which model: thinking about Cambridge Audio DVD99, Pioneer BDP51FV or Panasonic DMPBD55. Any suggestion, please.

Thanks,

Tom

How are you finding the RXV 1900 with the B&W 685 package? I got the same speaker package before Christmas but have been waiting for my RXV 1900 for ages now... hopefully it should be here by the end of the month!

Luckily Seven Oaks lent me an Onkyo amp but I'm really looking forward to the Yamaha arriving!

A

Anonymous

I've just bought items and didn't receive yet, because I'm not from UK and need a week to get everything home. But in Exceptional AV noticed me that will be delay with sending Yamaha receiver, they haven't it in warehouse.

So I can't help you in this moment.

TRENDING THREADS