Best pads to use with Grado SR-60 headphones

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Grado SR-60 'phones are long overdue a new pair of pads - the existing ones are heavily yellowed and are starting to fall apart. Simple, I thought, Google a replacement, job done. And then I saw this: http://www.goodcans.com/HeadphoneReviews/gradopads.htm, suggesting that the pads used with higher-end 'phones will also fit. The part I'm confused about is whether they will make the SR-60s sound better ('cos there's no foam between the driver and my ear) or whether I'm better off with the pads that were designed for the phones.

Any opinions?

A

Anonymous

The worry here isn't sound quality (at all) it's comfort. When my main headphones were the 60s my mate lost one of the pads down a drain so I had to order some more - though I forget where from. I find those pads more comfortable than the ones fitted to my 325s though so I'd go for the normal ones.

A

Anonymous

You can find them reasonably priced on eBay. (About £14 but cheaper if you risk from overseas).

Also worth a warm bathe with mild detergent and air dry - I kid you not!

A

Anonymous

Sounds like a recommendation for the standard SR-60 pads. Thanks!

A

Anonymous

I had the SR 80's which had the open pads....... but replaced them with the cheaper filled in version........ And found them a lot more comfortable after long listening sessions..... And could hear no loss in sound quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts