Best output res setting on sky hd box for pioneer 768 panel

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a Pioneer 436sxe plasma (768 hd ready). I was wondering what peoples views were as to the best setting for output resolution on the sky box ....720p or 1080i. Ive had the setting at 720p, but does anyone have any views as whether 1080i results in a better HD picture...Many thanks.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
My 7th generation was definitely better letting the tv itself do all the upscaling.

Anything else means its being scaled twice (either up or down depending on whether 720 or 1080 was selected) at detriment to the picture quality

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
I have a Pioneer 8G. 'Auto' is best for me too. Incidentally, I also send blu-ray and DVD at their native resolutions as the TV does such a good job of upscaling/downscaling.

A

Anonymous

I apptreciate I have different equipment (as below), but I find that setting output to Auto results in a significant delay when changing channels. I found it so annoying that I changed back to 1080i. Is this normal?

Thanks

LL

A

Anonymous

I tried ours on auto through our 5090 and the picture looks worse on SD channels and the Sky banner looks blurred also the picture looks stretched - OK on HD channels. I find it really annoying the way it switches and delays when going from HD to SD. At the moment its set to 1080i.

A

Anonymous

LittleLouie:
I apptreciate I have different equipment (as below), but I find that setting output to Auto results in a significant delay when changing channels. I found it so annoying that I changed back to 1080i. Is this normal?

Thanks

LL

Yes there is a delay when switching between standard def and high def or vice versa but unless you are constantly changing channels, I find the difference in picture quality more than makes up for that "significant" delay.

I think on my set-up, the screen goes blank for maybe 2-3 seconds.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts