Best media player to take movie collection abroad?

Sirguy969

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
I'm moving to Saudi Arabia for work and would like to take my extensive dvd collection with me. I cannot physically take them all, is there same form of hard drive or media player that I could download the films onto and take with me?

Thanks in adavance

Cameron.

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
You could rip them to Hard Disk using something like DVDFab and use a laptop running Windows MCE or Media Portal Software to run it all. The WD Media player is also an option if you don't have a laptop. I know someone with one and it works very well.

Be careful what 'films' you take with you to S.A. though!

Sirguy969

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
Thank you for the two replies. I don't suppose you could elaborate on the "Archos" reply?

I'll want to link whatever "unit" or storage device to a tv set.

Are the authorities likely to trawl through a hard drive? I'm not contemplating taking any "dodgy" material but I am aware that the censorship is extreme.

Thanks

Cameron

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunatly i can't do links, but just search archos through google & you should find it,

The archos 7 comes with a 160gb or 320gb hard drive for downloading your movies onto it, has a 7" screen & you have full web browsing & e-mail application, a qwerty remote control & an optional docking station to connect to your tv.

John Duncan

Windows vista plays VOB files natively if you

1) rip the DVDs to your movies folder illegally using software that you shouldn't really be googling for and
2) run "regedit", navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionMedia CenterSettingsDvdSettings and change the "ShowGallery" value to "Gallery"

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
im not to shaw what its called but i think seagate brought out a little media player that is only about £90 +hard drives that are interchangable anything from 120 gig to 500gig it looks a very compact little unit i think thay stock them in pc world.

tigetspill

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
I bought the WD-TV from Western Digital at £74 from PC World.

You just hook up whatever storage you want to its two USB ports. I bought a Western Digital 500GB passport in piano black which is a perfect match in size, style and colour..

This unit plays pretty much any audio or video file types. It has hdmi/optical and composite/analogue audio outputs.

Fantastic product.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts