Best way to get my music collection to my bluetooth headphones

Roman Totale

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I'm not certain I'm on the right sub-froum for this, but here goes:

I have some Sennheiser Momentum Bluetooth Headphones, Ideally I would like to stream (is that the right term here?) music from my Mac to my headphones. The Mac is some years old and doesn't transmit bluetooth. I bought an Avantree Bluetooth Audio Dongle transmitter, but that stopped working for me after Apple coerced me into an operating system upgrade, and (at the time) I was too busy to work through all the things Avantree were telling me to do.

I'm able to use the 'phones bluetooth with my iPhone and IPad, but have far less music on there than the Mac.

I'm wondering if I could get some kind of portable hard drive (NAS?) that I could use between home and work with the phones. That might also save slowing down my Macs by playing music when I am working on other demanding tasks.

My cashflow isn't great at the moment, so if I can keep this to around a hundred or so quid that would be great.

All thoughts welcome - many thanks.

jjbomber

Roman Totale said:
Hi all, I'm not certain I'm on the right sub-froum for this, but here goes:

I have some Sennheiser Momentum Bluetooth Headphones, Ideally I would like to stream (is that the right term here?) music from my Mac to my headphones. The Mac is some years old and doesn't transmit bluetooth. I bought an Avantree Bluetooth Audio Dongle transmitter, but that stopped working for me after Apple coerced me into an operating system upgrade, and (at the time) I was too busy to work through all the things Avantree were telling me to do.

I'm able to use the 'phones bluetooth with my iPhone and IPad, but have far less music on there than the Mac.

I'm wondering if I could get some kind of portable hard drive (NAS?) that I could use between home and work with the phones. That might also save slowing down my Macs by playing music when I am working on other demanding tasks.

My cashflow isn't great at the moment, so if I can keep this to around a hundred or so quid that would be great.

All thoughts welcome - many thanks.

Something like VLC or Foobar2000 on the iphone should be able to play the tracks from the network, i.e. the Mac. Try that first. If that slows down your Mac too much, then it's a NAS.

If you buy Apple, you are set for a lifetime of incompatibility. The sonner you dump them, the better off you will be in the long run.

Roman Totale

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks jjbomber, so you are saying that those apps will let eg my IPhone access the music on my Mac, and then bluetooth it to the headphones? How does it do that and is there a loss of quality compared to using Bluetooth all the way? Will they access my music from iTunes?

Many thanks.

jjbomber

Roman Totale said:
Thanks jjbomber, so you are saying that those apps will let eg my IPhone access the music on my Mac, and then bluetooth it to the headphones? How does it do that and is there a loss of quality compared to using Bluetooth all the way? Will they access my music from iTunes?

Many thanks.

Should do. You probably have them set up on the same network anyway. When you want to play a file, the network will be under media servers. There will be a few fanboys along this evening who are way more intelligent than me on all things Apple. They will explain it better than me. They will also tell you the best playback app to use.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts