Best Home Cinema Speakers for my Room

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

I have a budget of around £500 for speakers although with some deals eg M cubes which include cabling I might be able to spend a little more.

The thing is, I'm not sure which speakers will sound best and the comparative quailty of the ones I'm considering as they're all 5 star rated speakers. Clarity of sound and clear dialogue is particularly important to me.

My living room is approx 3.5m square.

Under consideration are:

1. Mission M Cube HCP

2. Wharfedale Diamond 9 HCP

3. Q Acoustics 1010 HCP

Which package do you think is the best for my room and just so I can make an independant aesthetic decision if need be, in what order do you rate them for sound quality?

Are they all fantastic or do any have any sonic drawbacks / weaknesses especially considering I value exceptional clarity, clear strong dialogue (I sometimes struggle with discerning speech on my current Panasonic SA-HT80 all in one system) and good bass?

Al.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andrew,

Thank you for the reply.

I don't have anything definite on the receiver front but I'm looking at the £400 price bracket with True HD Sound an absolute must. Without knowing what else is coming out this Autumn until I get your forthcoming magazine edition, I'd say the only clear candidate at the moment is the Onkyo TX-SR605.

I intend to get a BR / HD player (preferably a dual player) as soon as prices hit the sub £200 mark for something decent that can also play existing SD DVD's.

If it helps, my budget is £3,000 approx and I've allocated it as follows:

Screen £1,500 42" Pioneer 1080P Kuro or Panasonic 1080P (I love Pioneers but burn worries me)

Receiver £ 400 ? - True HD a must

BR/ HD DVD £ 200 ? - Good quality preferably dual format - prepared to wait for price to fall

Speakers £ 500 ? - See above suggestions

HDMI £ 70 QED Qunex HDMI-P

Rack £ 230 Atacama Equinox or Apollo Mezo

Bracket £ 100 ? - Don't need anything fancy so long as strong enough - tilt only required

Spker Cable £ 100 Silver Anniversary

Al.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, I reckon you'll have quite a wait for a sub-£200 dual HD player, but yes the Onkyo receiver would be the one I'd go for at this level.

Speakers? Well, cure though the Missions are, I think you'll get a much more room-filling sound from the more conventional Q Acoustics package, which will also match well with the Onkyo receiver.

Alsone

Jul 21, 2007
Visit site
OK thx Andrew.

I'll probably get a cheap upscaling SD DVD player in the meantime whilst waiting for the dual players to come down. The only glimmer of hope for the near future is the fact that Toshiba have released a £200 HD DVD player. Lets hope others follow suit with price cuts.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts