Best electronic album of 2017

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Vladimir said:
Boards of Canada is too boring to hold my attention, but decent as background music. I find say Otis Taylor much more interesting. There's actual talent and skill involved, unlike electronic music which is composed with ready made samples by kids in their bedrooms. Anyone can do it.

I like musicality with complexity. I'm not 18 anymore.

not all electronic music mate.

Not Stockhausen, Branka or Oliveros perhaps, but certainly all commercial garbage like Tiesto, Tosca, Armin van Buuren, Orbital, Filla Brazilia, St. Germain, Hed Kandy etc. 
Dude, orbital, commercial? Sure the other carp you mentioned is, but orbital wrote two of the definitive dance albums of the early 90s. They are belters. Don't think fila Brazilia was commercial either were they?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
radiorog said:
Vladimir said:
Vladimir said:
Boards of Canada is too boring to hold my attention, but decent as background music. I find say Otis Taylor much more interesting. There's actual talent and skill involved, unlike electronic music which is composed with ready made samples by kids in their bedrooms. Anyone can do it.

I like musicality with complexity. I'm not 18 anymore.

not all electronic music mate.

Not Stockhausen, Branka or Oliveros perhaps, but certainly all commercial garbage like Tiesto, Tosca, Armin van Buuren, Orbital, Filla Brazilia, St. Germain, Hed Kandy etc.
Dude, orbital, commercial? Sure the other carp you mentioned is, but orbital wrote two of the definitive dance albums of the early 90s. They are belters. Don't think fila Brazilia was commercial either were they?

I'm sorry you slipped on that banana peel.
teeth_smile.png
Why are you interfering in the shitposting dialogue between me and Quest?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Sorry I don’t like Mozart...... It’s because it’s commercial garbage that is played way too much. Music doesn’t come into it for me. Lol.

I’d have liked it if I lived in 1700’s Vienna, but I just can’t help thinking people are creaming profits off a dead guy, who wasn’t particularly well off by modern and health standards. So it turns me off.

I listen to Ed Sheehan instead even though I think he is cr-p, but it’s because I don’t think he is (cough) commercial. His logo’d pants show through his dropping trousers, so he is ‘reem’. Mozart would never have showed his logod pants like that.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I don’t like Mozart...... It’s because it’s commercial garbage that is played way too much. Music doesn’t come into it for me. Lol.

I’d have liked it if I lived in 1700’s Vienna, but I just can’t help thinking people are creaming profits off a dead guy, who wasn’t particularly well off by modern and health standards. So it turns me off.

I listen to Ed Sheehan instead even though I think he is cr-p, but it’s because I don’t think he is (cough) commercial. His logo’d pants show through his dropping trousers, so he is ‘reem’. Mozart would never have showed his logod pants like that.

Just admit it now. You play spice girls and backstreet boys loud and dance like nobody's watching.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Yes I know, they are fabulous.

I tell you what here is a true guilty pleasure of mine ; I like Julios Iglesias. Can’t get enough of tracks like ‘crazy’. he is such a smooth crooner. Some of his concerts are quite funny to laugh at, as it can get a bit cringey.....

But quid pro quo Vladimir, we know you really want to tell us that your guilty pleasure is the singer Des O’Connor. So what is it? Lol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts