Best deal; Tannoy xt8f or Tannoy xt6f

peterpan

Oct 21, 2008
Visit site
I became a offer for Both speakers. The Xt8f for 1400 euro and the xt6f for 1000 euro. My amp is a NAD c356. Source is Cambridge cxn. What is the best with my amp?.

As you probably realise, they are basically the same design, with the 8 having a larger bass unit,and hence more LF output. I've not heard either, but I would heed the review in WHF about room size.

https://www.whathifi.com/tannoy/revolution-xt8f/review

Both are sensitive (loud) enough to work fine with your amplifier. Can you audition them, and if not, the safer bet would be the 6 unless you have a large space to fill?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Have we not been through this a while back?

I take it they're for metal and you've already said you don't like any new speakers. What's changed?

This is about the 10th post tbh. Peterpan and obiwan take it in turns. Tannoy is too bright for your rock music

Andrewjvt said:
insider9 said:
Have we not been through this a while back?

I take it they're for metal and you've already said you don't like any new speakers. What's changed?

This is about the 10th post tbh. Peterpan and obiwan take it in turns. Tannoy is too bright for your rock music

I might agree up to a point. So called 'bright' speakers are only so because of the environment they are used in.

Some only appear so because their bass output cannot be utilised to it's best ability.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts