Best circumaural sub-£50 headphones for home use?

SpikyRoses

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi,
I'm looking for some good headphones for home use /occasionally taking to libraries and stuff - going to uni this year and really need some for studying.
I've looked at quite a few- I really want some circumaural closed ones. The sennheiser hd202s have a really nice level of bass, but aren't comfortable for long periods. I generally listen to pop/light rock - I'm not a massive bass person, and I don't tend to have the volume very high at all, but I like enough bass for it to be warm sounding and immersive. I've looked at the audio technica m20x and m30x but I've heard that as professional ones they've got a more balanced tone and less bass.
Anyway, any suggestions would be great!
Tl;dr any cheap, comfy circumaural headphones for home use with decent bass :)

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
They are very neutral. The WS55 series is better. Also look at aiaiai tma-1x, and if you can push the budget a little the Musical Fidelity MF-100. Bothe very enjoyable but over your budget unfortunately. You don't get much for £50, at that price the Nocs NS700.

SpikyRoses

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions - the Nocs look really good but they are on-ear, which I tend to find really uncomfortable, hence why the HD202 is probably a no despite the fact that I like the sound of them.

SpikyRoses

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Amazon do quite a few AKGs that are sub-£50, although there appears to be a fair bit of discussion over whether they're semi open or closed as advertised.

^ semi-open is potentially ok, I'm not really familiar with the terms so I don't know how much they'd leak sound if I took them to a library or something (I don't have the music on very high volumes).

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
SpikyRoses said:
Amazon do quite a few AKGs that are sub-£50, although there appears to be a fair bit of discussion over whether they're semi open or closed as advertised.

^ semi-open is potentially ok, I'm not really familiar with the terms so I don't know how much they'd leak sound if I took them to a library or something (I don't have the music on very high volumes).

Are those AKG's under £50 really circumaural? The OP asked for around-ear.

SpikyRoses

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AKG-K77-Closed-Circumaural-Headphones/dp/B00187PRFC/ref=sr_1_30?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1422460971&sr=1-30&keywords=%22AKG%22

Apparently they are, but if anyone had any experience of them that's what I'm asking for :)

SpikyRoses

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I think that would make too much noise :/ I think I'm kind of stuck between the Audio-Technica M20X and M30X now, if anyone has any experience with them

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
SpikyRoses said:
Yeah, I think that would make too much noise :/ I think I'm kind of stuck between the Audio-Technica M20X and M30X now, if anyone has any experience with them

Fostex TH7

http://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/fostex-th-7bb-semi-open-back-studio-headphones-black.html

TRENDING THREADS