Best choice for a music system setup?

habsanosky

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
My partner and I are getting married in Italy later this year and we'd like if possible to provide our own music for the reception. The DJ's and quartets would amount to a little under £1700 so we are trying to save money by doing it ourselves.

We've hired a villa with a room roughly 25m square and have been looking for the best system to play music during the meal but with enough base to get everybody up dancing after.

We've been looking at the using our Ipod with the Sonos sytems with the intention of getting a bridge and a couple of play 3 speakers but the wireless is in the main body of the house a good 20m away through concrete walls, the concern is we get there and the signal is poor. Wireless was our first thought as we didnt want to be running wires around the room. That said if it works out cheaper with better sound quality we can do this, this way we can at least be assured it will work.

We will be driving from the UK to Italy so the system needs to fit in the boot of the car too!

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

abacus

My advice would be to pop down to your local music hire shop and hire a couple of active PA speakers (Mackie’s are usually pretty good) and plug your iPod straight in or through a small mixer. (Don’t forget to pick up suitable cables at the same time)

Hope this helps

Bill

habsanosky

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Bill but I think John's right, I don't really want to transfer them so far If I dont own them.

I'll give the s/h market a look, never really thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
If you go the sonos route, you could always set up a local network using an apple airport express, connected the one of the sonos units via Ethernet. This would allow you to stream from an iPhone or iPad.

the fact that there would be no Internet connection only matters if you want to use spottily etc.

John Duncan

habsanosky said:
Thanks Bill but I think John's right, I don't really want to transfer them so far If I dont own them.

I'll give the s/h market a look, never really thought of that. Thanks for the tip.

Happy to help with what to look for offline if required, mail in signature.

daveh75

gregvet said:
If you go the sonos route, you could always set up a local network using an apple airport express, connected the one of the sonos units via Ethernet. This would allow you to stream from an iPhone or iPad.

the fact that there would be no Internet connection only matters if you want to use spottily etc.

You could do this with any old wireless router without the need to spend £80 on an AEX

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts