Best CD Player and Speakers to Partner with Valve Amplifier

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I desperately need some advice on achieving a particular sound but through a Valve Amplifier.

The amplifier is rated at 80wts per side, and is an intergrated amplifier.

The sound trying to be achieved is one that is: excellent timing, very musical, a wide dynamic range, and full of enthusiasm.

the budget for the partnering equipment is upto £2,000 for the CD player and upto £2,000 for the Speakers.

The aim is to gain the qualities that derive from valve sound, but to add the features described above.

The room will be fairly small, so standmounts are preferable.

Ideas anyone?

A

Anonymous

dean9:

I desperately need some advice on achieving a particular sound but through a Valve Amplifier.

The amplifier is rated at 80wts per side, and is an intergrated amplifier.

The sound trying to be achieved is one that is: excellent timing, very musical, a wide dynamic range, and full of enthusiasm.

Ideas anyone?

If I understand correctly, you have an integrated amp and want to achieve a similar sound as acheived through a valve amp? ... you have a large budget, why not just buy an older valve amp and some decent speakers? ...

or get a set of old Leak sandwich speakers and a Quad 33 amp and pre amp ... will not cost much (i bought a pair of leak sandwich 200 speakers for £9.99, but get the bigger ones) ...

I have been told that with the quad 33 setup the sound is pretty cool but have never heard the setup (will try with the Leak 200 speakers and the Quad 33 for my kitchen setup)

A

Anonymous

as I understand, he has an 80 watt integrated, but wants to achieve a similar sort of sound as produced by a valve amp ... he has a healthy budget of £4000 ... he can get some serious kit for that (especially on the used market)

A

Anonymous

Yes, what I mean is that, I want to keep my Valve Amp, but partner it with a speakers and cd player that will help the set up to soundreally enthusiastic and rhythmical. Things like excellent timing and musicality are things I do not want to lose out on....ÿ

A

Anonymous

dean9 ... I still dont understand ... do you currently own a valve amp that produces 80W? (or do you have an integrated amp?)

what is the name/model of the amp that you own?

A

Anonymous

At the recent Northants show - I heard the Prima Luna CD player, through their own amps (all valve) in to Sonus Faber Liuto Tower speakers - this was one of the best sounds at the show.....

The speakers are above your budget, but I think the CD was around £2.5k - maybe with some ex-dem or second hand sonus faber grand piano's or something - would be awesome.....

A

Anonymous

tell us the name and model of your amp and then I am sure there eill some people who will advise you as which possible speakers/cd player and cables to get

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts