Best bookshelf speakers (Powered)

Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
Hey Audiophiles, A newbie here.

I have been looking for a pair of bookshelf speakers for a while now. I had an eye on Klipsch The Sixes and even have auditioned for it. I did not buy it then and I am not sure if it is still available.
My requirements are (50%Movies and 50% Music /Variety of Genres) I have a 20*2/12*5 living room .

I would like to go for Amplified speakers to start with and may be I will add a subwoofer later (If it does even make sense)

It would be great if I can get some suggestions, I am willing to go for auditions as well. Budget: Under 70-80K INR

Thank you.

rainsoothe

If you liked the Klipsch, get those - nothing beats auditioning. If auditioning at home is an option, so it, because in your own room they might sound completely different. I can't think of a comparable alternative in that price range. Acoustic Energy AE 1 actives + Yamaha WXC 50 are worth considering, but much more expensive. And whatever speakers you get, you'll need stands for them if you have the room, bookshelf placement is usually a no-no if it can be avoided.

Reactions: Setphaserstostun
Jun 29, 2020
Visit site
If you liked the Klipsch, get those - nothing beats auditioning. If auditioning at home is an option, so it, because in your own room they might sound completely different. I can't think of a comparable alternative in that price range. Acoustic Energy AE 1 actives + Yamaha WXC 50 are worth considering, but much more expensive. And whatever speakers you get, you'll need stands for them if you have the room, bookshelf placement is usually a no-no if it can be avoided.
Acoustic speakers look so good and so is WXC50. But yeah, they might be out of the budget I am looking for. Say, if not powered, what would you suggest with AV receiver within the same budget? I am now thinking to consider the other options too

rainsoothe

Don't know, if sound quality is your main concern, your idea with active speakers is a good one - AV reciever + passives would most likely underperform in comparison. If you want to pursue this though, I guess the Cambridge Audio AXR 100 is a great place to start (only major omission is WiFi) and something like the Elac Debut range offerings.

Reactions: Setphaserstostun

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts