Best Blu Ray to test whole new system.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

dvdaudio:well how about some music blu rays to give your system a workout, try celene dion live in las vegas this is some concert, also try tony bennett an american classic ,, also legends of jazz.. and if you like classical try the sampler blu ray opera and ballet the blu ray experience .. all these discs look brill and sound fantastic in hd sound...

Any suggestions / online stores to buy the music BDs ?

A

Anonymous

first try amazon.. and hmv both good delivery times for discs and good prices ..

A

Anonymous

dvdaudio:well how about some music blu rays to give your system a workout, try celene dion live in las vegas this is some concert, also try tony bennett an american classic ,, also legends of jazz.. and if you like classical try the sampler blu rayÿ opera and ballet the blu ray experience .. all these discs look brill and sound fantastic in hd sound...

ÿ

CELENE DION??? Jesus, I'd rather have high definition pencils jabbed in my eyes and ears. Sorry but, really? No offence- just my opinion.

Ratatouille - fantastic pics.

A

Anonymous

none taken.. i dont like cartoons either and prefer to eat ratatouille,, one mans medicene is another mans poision each to there own..do you have any barry manilow music just wondering arepeebee.....

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:
moomin:I would recommend the following Blu-ray Movies: Kung foo Panda (if you like Disney Pixar )

I don't get it, what have Disney/Pixar got to do with Kung Fu Panda?

Hi,

I think it was in reference to the animation part of Disney/Pixar rather than implying there's a link between the films or companies.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

A

Anonymous

Try Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian, you could argue its one for the kids as its a PG so action is not that brutal but picture quality is excellent including very dark scenes and light scenes. HD DTS soundtrack is awesome. Maybe one to rent rather than buy

A

Anonymous

Glad to see you got Blade Runner. My favourite and a superb transfer that Hi Fi Dig calls a must have. One of the few I have bought and not rented.

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Ginder:

I just watched the Matrix Trilogy and my jaw was literally on the floor for the duration of all three movies and i believe is was worth every bit of its 5/5 star picture quality rating. It also got 5/5 for audio too! Reference quality stuff!

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/300/matrix_umc.html

Thanks, that was all the excuse I needed
emotion-2.gif
been wanting to complete the set and waiting to see if the BD was as good as I'd hoped

now, where's my credit card...

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
If you're a big fan of the Matrix, you can get the region free US version of the 7 disc Ultimate box set on Blu-Ray (I've got it on order from here). It's double the price of the standard trilogy here, but you get the Animatrix and all the documentaries and extras etc. Depends if you're into that or not...

gregvet

Dec 24, 2008
Visit site
Watched Blade Runner and No Country For Old Men, both fantastic. Wall E not arrived yet, so had to rent Apocalypto and The Shining to tide me over, they were great also!

ÿ

Gonna get The Orphanage and Matrix too at some point, thanks everyone for the suggestions.

ÿ

Anyone seen the Blu Ray of Ronin yet, not seen any online reviews that make any mention of picture quality, but love the film so may get it anyway.ÿ

A

Anonymous

I know its not the best film ever made but the picture and sound quality on Kingdom Of Heaven is excellent.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts