Best audition experience 2013

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Mine: System Audio bookshelf speakers with Naim Nait XS2 and a Naim streamer. By far the best audition 2013.

Amongst the most enjoyable was listening for the first time to ATC's new curved SCM11 monitors and curved SCM40 monitors
smiley-smile.gif

and for AV

Yamaha's CX-A5000
smiley-smile.gif
paired with a JL Audio Fathom f113 (front) and Fathom f212 (back) :twisted:

Thanks

Rick @ Musicraft

matthewpiano

I think it would have been the Zensor 3s if I'd auditioned them. I purchased them blind (with the ability to exchange them if I didn't like them) based on my previous experience of the Zensor 1, Lektor 2 and Ikon 1 models and I wasn't at all disappointed.

Otherwise I'd say the Rega Elicit-R (which I was played on a 'hey, you need to hear this' basis). Brilliant amp which took a pair of B&W CM8 floorstanders by the scruff of the neck and made them totally disappear leaving just the sound of the music perfectly placed in the room.

matthewpiano

MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Matthew

Are you using the phono stage of the A-30?

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick. Yes I am now. I have a Graham Slee Gram Amp 1 and a CA Azur 540P but the Pioneer's stage beats both of them IMO. Impressive amp all round.

Merry Christmas to you too!

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Otherwise I'd say the Rega Elicit-R (which I was played on a 'hey, you need to hear this' basis). Brilliant amp which took a pair of B&W CM8 floorstanders by the scruff of the neck and made them totally disappear leaving just the sound of the music perfectly placed in the room.

So good I bought one, my best ever hifi puchase

matthewpiano said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Matthew

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Rick. Yes I am now. I have a Graham Slee Gram Amp 1 and a CA Azur 540P but the Pioneer's stage beats both of them IMO. Impressive amp all round.

Hi Matthew

Thanks for your reply.

That is impressive.

All the best

Rick. @ Musicraft

stevebrock said:

So good I bought one, my best ever hifi puchase

Hi stevebrock

Good to hear :)

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

matthewpiano

MUSICRAFT said:
matthewpiano said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Hi Matthew

Merry Christmas

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi Matthew

Thanks for your reply.

That is impressive.

All the best

Rick. @ Musicraft

Are you familiar with the A-30 Rick? I'd be interested to know how different the A-50 or A-70 sounds if you have any thoughts. I think Pioneer have got it just right this time.

tone

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Went to hear the Martin Logan 40's with arcam 19.

After the cool salesman let us listen to b&w 800d with McIntosh amps

Insane

Singslinger

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Full Audio Note system (CD player, preamp, monoblocks) driving Avantgarde (horn) speakers.

All equipment placed on Harmonix TU-666ZX room tuning footers.

All very expensive - but all very, very good.

busb

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Am no Naim fan but their Ovator 400s I considered to be a bit special. Very dynamic, very good imaging, tight bass but perhaps not the last word in treble refinement. Vocals were very expressive - possibly due to the low x'over f afforded by the use of a BMR driver.

matt49

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
For me, it was four pairs of Sonus fabers on the end of a Devialet 170. It was a great chance to compare two ranges of SF speakers (Cremonas and Olympicas) and to compare standmounts and floorstanders within each range.

I reported on the demo here.

:cheers:

Matt

NHL

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
About my audition: The System Audio loudspeaker was the new Pandion 2, which was created in an open forum with 110 engineers participating.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
NHL said:
About my audition: The System Audio loudspeaker was the new Pandion 2, which was created in an open forum with 110 engineers participating.

OK, NHL You have my attention! After having heard that other Danish speaker, the Audiovector, I definitely want to hear this one too. And they have a Belgian distributor: good! Any idea what the Pandion2 costs? A speaker, developed by 110 engineers for my Devialet 110: that could be a good match!

:cheers:

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
We had this cheeky little set up on demo recently, it sounded stunning!ICON AUDIO MB90 MKII M + ICON AUDIO LA4 MKIII PREAMP + AUDIOLAB M-DAC + SUGDEN CD21SE + PROAC D30R

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts