Best 37ins lcd tv

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My dad is driving me crazy with these tvs we must have looked at them all but he keeps changing his mind so i thought id listen to the experts here on your opinions on which are the best allround 37ins lcd sets was interested in the panny 37d70 set which has good reviews but at 103cm bit big my dad claims so any other tips and advice will be much appreciated.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Any particular reason why you want LCD? Panasonic's excellent 37in plasmas don't have the speakers on the side (and are therefore narrower) and offer better motion-handling, blacks and contrast....

Otherwise, i'd check out the 40in Toshiba Regza 'Z' series - their narrow bezel means a 40in set fits into a smaller space than some 37in rivals.

Reviews of the Toshiba and most new 37-40in rivals in our current, April issue.

A

Anonymous

Thanks clare for your opinion on best lcd sets i will speak to my dad about this as i have already advised him about the 37in panasonic plasma which i read great reviews about in your magazine etc but my dad is still worried that someone has told him about the screen burn etc on plasmas i myself have just purchased the pioneer pdp428xd plasma set which im very pleased with so far great picture blacks are really blacker and just a great set in my opinion take some beating but my dad will not spend that much on the set what concerns me clare is the quite poor reviews of most toshiba lcd sets on this forum appreciate your opinion clare.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Many of the older Toshiba sets weren't that great - only one got five stars last year (and that went down to four stars after a while): the new Z series looks better so far.

Having said that, if it was my money i'd go for the plasma (in fact i'm staying with my parents right now and i've just talked to my Dad about buying one in replacement for his old Tosh CRT).

And if you do a search for 'screen burn' on the site here, you'll see plenty of evidence of it being a negligible concern on modern sets.

A

Anonymous

Check out the latest 37PX80 review at Hdtvorg. Not quite upto Pioneer excellence, but nearly there, and a lot cheaper.

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

I have done extensive research and I think Panasonic is the way to go. I've waited with much anticipation for the Panasonic TX-37LXD85 which is the latest range from them but the pixel resolution is 1366x768 and not 1080p? This has thrown me way off now!

I just need a quick and straightforward answer on this please. In your opinion if money were no issue which 37 inch LCD TV's are the best on the market right now?

Thanks.

Lee

A

Anonymous

TX37LZD70, Panasonic it won the 37-40 supertest and the picture is great :)

A

Anonymous

There is a new Panasonic TX-37LZD80 which is the latest version on from the TX-37LZD70. I would check it out as it's had rave reviews. I think this is probably the correct model and not the one I mentioned previously. This one is 1080p and has more features to my liking.

A

Anonymous

Apart from the burnout issue/non issue is there any other reason you would have an LCD rather than plasma?????

A

Anonymous

there are no issues with plasma let me make some small facts below and you can decide ^_^

in the LCD corner:
Poor motion handling
bright picture
not brilliant black levels

in the Plasma corner:
perfect motion handling (in my eyes)
not as bright as LCD but not dark either
LCDs dont come near to its black levels

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts