Benefits of a sub isolator such as subdude or auralex?

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Heard of a few makes. But my sub is a dali ikon sub mk2 which has its Own feet on a plinth so would it not do much difference? Also my sub is on carpet at the moment. Some advice would be good

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Sub spikes on slab1. Blutac to slab2. Blutac to wooden plynth holding spikes to carpetted wooden floor.

100% happy that it may have made a difference and 100% sure I dont know. Worth a punt for a fiver I guessed.

Sliced Bread

Alantiggger said:
not too clued up on this, it has to be minimal eh ?

I've heard they can make quite a big difference if you have hollow wooden floors, but from personal experiencec, their's going to be far less of a difference (if any) if you have solid floors.

I have concrete floor with carpet and I tried using a paving slab on a downward firing sub. I *think* it made a difference, but I don't think it was much. I took it away and didn't miss anything.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I use an Auralex Gramma (cheaper than the Subdude, but ugglier), as I have a suspended wooden floor. It made a noticeable improvement.

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
themovierooms said:
The best upgrade you could buy would be a DSPeaker Antimode to sort the EQ out I suspect.

bit costly. i imagine? can't really afford it, thanks btw (i got my sub from movie rooms for £399 :p)

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
I use an Auralex Gramma (cheaper than the Subdude, but ugglier), as I have a suspended wooden floor. It made a noticeable improvement.

will have a look at the gramma, my sub is front firing but the port is down firing..and i have wooden floorboards but carpet ontop. so not the most solid flooring!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

I remember the first time I heard one - the difference it made in the demo room (which was a solid floor) was pretty big! Surprised me...

themovierooms

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
nugget2014 said:
themovierooms said:
The best upgrade you could buy would be a DSPeaker Antimode to sort the EQ out I suspect.

bit costly. i imagine? can't really afford it, thanks btw (i got my sub from movie rooms for £399 :p)

I traded one of the newer ones in recently so the cost would be much reduced. Drop me an email if you are interested.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts