BigOak14

Feb 27, 2022
Visit site
Hi there! I am very new to the whole idea of HiFi and CD players. Could anyone help me out and give me some suggestions on what to buy?
I have a budget of $400AUD/$290USD/£215. For now I only plan on playing CDs but I might expand to vinyl in the future. The room that the speakers will be in is 3mx3m. Can someone please help me out?

Gray

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
In a week when we've had a thread entitled, 'What would you do?' (have a look at that), your post brings us back to reality.

If you're starting with nothing, then to play CDs you're going to need the player, an amplifier, some speakers (possibly with stands) and cables.
It's a sad fact that, if you want to buy new, about the only thing your budget will buy, is the cables 🙁.
As bigfish says above, it's probably going to have to be secondhand for you.
Hope you find something good.

camcroft

Hi
Welcome to the forum.
In a week when we've had a thread entitled, 'What would you do?' (have a look at that), your post brings us back to reality.

If you're starting with nothing, then to play CDs you're going to need the player, an amplifier, some speakers (possibly with stands) and cables.
It's a sad fact that, if you want to buy new, about the only thing your budget will buy, is the cables 🙁.
As bigfish says above, it's probably going to have to be secondhand for you.
Hope you find something good.
Cables. Have you got any recommendations ;);)

Gray

You could perhaps find one of these, or an earlier version secondhand. It has one input, which could take a turntable with a built-in phono stage in due course.

From experience (and other user's reports) I would advise going for one of the earlier versions rather than the 41.

barcpc

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
My question will be, Why CDs? If you don't already have them, and your budget is slim, why?

Maybe you could start with an all in one or a streamer or an amplifier with Bluetooth to hear from Spotify (or others). I think it might be a good starting point.

Let us know what you choose.

My question will be, Why CDs? If you don't already have them, and your budget is slim, why?

Maybe you could start with an all in one or a streamer or an amplifier with Bluetooth to hear from Spotify (or others). I think it might be a good starting point.

Let us know what you choose.
Which part of 'I only plan to play CDs' do you not understand?
Nowhere does he say he doesn't have any.
Please stick to answering the OPs question as he didn't ask for alternative sources

Last edited:
Reactions: oldie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts