Question Be happy, or more to enjoy

Mrdog

Sep 11, 2020
Visit site
Hi All,

have just bought a Marantz PM7000N and plugged in a pair of Dali Zenser 1 (approx 5 years old). Sounds great to me streaming Spotify. But should I now replace speakers for something like the B&W 607? I don’t mind spending the money, but keen to know (from people that know better) whether would be worth while.
Thanks

ps swapping from Spotify to Tidal not going to happen for me as risk wrath of my daughters (even though I pay for family!)

Reactions: eoc69
D

Deleted member 188516

Hi All,

have just bought a Marantz PM7000N and plugged in a pair of Dali Zenser 1 (approx 5 years old). Sounds great to me streaming Spotify. But should I now replace speakers for something like the B&W 607? I don’t mind spending the money, but keen to know (from people that know better) whether would be worth while.
Thanks

ps swapping from Spotify to Tidal not going to happen for me as risk wrath of my daughters (even though I pay for family!)

my advice would be if your happy dont change !

the b&w's might just offer a "different" not "better" sound which would lead to frustration...

however, if you can afford the b&w's, buy them and just swap them round every few months or so - like having a different system !

Reactions: Mrdog

Mrdog

Sep 11, 2020
Visit site
my advice would be if your happy dont change !

the b&w's might just offer a "different" not "better" sound which would lead to frustration...

however, if you can afford the b&w's, buy them and just swap them round every few months or so - like having a different system !

Thanks Plus 1,
that is a really good idea swapping them every few months, honestly hadn’t thought of that

D

Deleted member 188516

Thanks Plus 1,
that is a really good idea swapping them every few months, honestly hadn’t thought of that

it was a serious suggestion if any body thinks i was being sarcastic !

a friend of mine does just that. as stated its like having a new "fresh" sounding system every so often !

Reactions: Mrdog

Mrdog

Sep 11, 2020
Visit site
it was a serious suggestion if any body thinks i was being sarcastic !

a friend of mine does just that. as stated its like having a new "fresh" sounding system every so often !

well I didn’t think sarcastic, thought was a spot on idea. Felt a bit dumb not thinking of myself and easy to do. Also solves problem of not wanting to get rid of the Dali as seem good speakers to me. Reckon will be taking your advice, unless anyone thinks no point spending the money. Not looking for loudness, just quality of sound

Mrdog

Sep 11, 2020
Visit site
If you are considering changing speakers, the biggest difference is going to floorstanders from standmounts. A used pair of Dali ikon 5 or 6 might be to your liking. 👍

thanks big fish, will look into that. It’s only small’ish room, home office type thing so maybe floorstanders be a bit big to find space so they can properly work, but interesting suggestion

D

Deleted member 188516

well I didn’t think sarcastic, thought was a spot on idea. Felt a bit dumb not thinking of myself and easy to do. Also solves problem of not wanting to get rid of the Dali as seem good speakers to me. Reckon will be taking your advice, unless anyone thinks no point spending the money. Not looking for loudness, just quality of sound

thanks for saying that as many on here would of viewed my advice differently !

the b&w's might sound different or better to your ears. that's the trouble with hifi lots of sideways steps that cause confusion and frustration !

D

Deleted member 116933

thanks for saying that as many on here would of viewed my advice differently !

the b&w's might sound different or better to your ears. that's the trouble with hifi lots of sideways steps that cause confusion and frustration !
Think it’s a good suggestion mate. For those that have the room and funds

D

Deleted member 188516

Think it’s a good suggestion mate. For those that have the room and funds

its like having a 2nd system only you use same source and amp just change speakers.

my friend has an old akai system from the 80's he purchased as a student.

he rotates the supplied akai speakers (good with his hip hop / rap music !) with the b&w 601 s2's i sold him when he wants a more "focused" sound as he describes it !

D

Deleted member 116933

its like having a 2nd system only you use same source and amp just change speakers.

my friend has an old akai system from the 80's he purchased as a student.

he rotates the supplied akai speakers (good with his hip hop / rap music !) with the b&w 601 s2's i sold him when he wants a more "focused" sound as he describes it !
Keeps GAS at bay that’s for sure

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts