BDI AV Furniture

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
Good evening everyone I am looking at the BDI av furniture to house all my equipment. The thing is I don't know much about them and they ate expensive. I was wondering if anyone can tell me are they worth the expense and what's the pro's & con's?

chris hollands

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Pros are they look great, you have plenty of add ons like cable management, Centre speaker provision, will last years,

cons are they can be very pricey,

but it is all relevant, a £1000 av unit is a fortune to some and light change to others,

I saw a great one at the Bristol show that my wife loved , but even with 30 percent show discount we could not justify the cost!

CraigDS

Sep 3, 2009
Visit site
If they are well built and last a long time then I think they will be worth the money and I would be happy to pay that.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
When I was researching an AV cabinet, these were high up my list. My large centre speaker meant I would need something at the top of the range, and the price eventually put me off. I decided to get a custom made cabinet, which I felt (i) looked better, (ii) housed my kit more neatly, (iii) cost about a quarter of the price!

If this is something that interests you, check out these threads:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-stands-cabinets-seating-furniture/1285476-chunky-monkey.html

http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-stands-cabinets-seating-furniture/1516222-stump-furniture-bespoke-tv-unit.html

I got my cabinet (see link in my sig) from Stump Furniture. Other people have gone further with ventilation and false panels etc, the choice would be yours.

Equally, if you do decide to go with BDI I'm sure you'll be very happy as these are very good units :)

duaplex

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I am in the process of buying an AV cabinet and have been looking at many, MANY cabinets. My only real concern with the BDI range is that it still does not address the issue of having the center speaker at ear level. So as nice as the central shelf is for the speaker, it still falls short.

Blok and just racks also do some good furniture and while they suffer from the same faults as mentioned above, they cost far less and are built just as well.

Depends on your budget, but personally i could not justify that. Unless it was perfect for me.

Look at these brands too

1. Blok

2. Just Racks

3. If money is no object....Salamander

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

Benefits of Using a Corner Desk Furniture

A corner desk is very useful, as it can make a functional workspace out of a once unused corner. It maximizes the space, especially in a room with a very small area. It makes it easy to set up a small room by making use of the space in the corner. Thus, it is a perfect solution to every person who has a small room with empty corners.

A corner desk is perfectly made to fit into every space and corner of the room. It is beneficial to students who live in small dorms and to businesses with small work areas. It provides them with more floor space to walk around and move freely in. Thus, it allows more space to do other things. Small spaces with corners will no longer be a problem to deal with. Not only does using a corner desk maximize space, but it provides a lot of functions for many different people. They are available in different styles that can accommodate whatever the person needs. A once abandoned area can become a very useful and busy one. It can be a great work area and not just a decorative addition to the corner of the room.

Corner desks are made to fit any angle of the room, so as to make use of the space. This is important for a lot of people, especially those who live, or work, in a small room. The desk can also be designed to meet the needs of the person using it, just like any other table. If it is for a business who rented a small space, it can be used to create more work area for the employees to move and work in. For students' use, especially those who are living in small sized dorms, a corner desk allows space for free movement and also provides an area to place books and other school materials. If computers are used, there are desks that are designed to accommodate the computer housing, monitor, keyboard, and other accessories. It may even have additional compartments to place other things. Not only that, it is perfect for home use, as well. It provides a lot of benefits, especially to stay-at-home moms. They can use it as a place for their hobbies, like sewing, while providing lots of space for children to play around. Hence, it is fully functional, while making use of every space the room has.

A Corner Desk is very much needed in areas with angles and small spaces. It is functional and meets every need of an individual, as well. Other than that, it can be used as room decor. There are designs available to go along well with any room environment.Learn More about benefit of corner desk at corner desk

Unpublished - unsolicited advertising

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts