BD35 to router ??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've just got hold of a Pana BD35 for the lounge and i'd like to connect it to the net, I have a netgear 54Mbps wireless router but it's in an upstairs bedroom; Is there a way i can connect to my router to get net access for bdlive or firmware updates etc without having to run a great big cable under all the floorboards ?
Any replies greatfully recieved

cheers stu

A

Anonymous

Don't have that problem thankfully with my PS3, it does it wirelessly.

The easiest way is to site and plug your router into the back of the BD35.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies
I Understand what you are saying but ideally I would prefer not to move the router, i've seen a similar product to the ethernet bridge which is the same make as my router ( I think its similar ! ) would this be suitable ?
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Netgear-XE102-Wall-plugged-Ethernet-Extender/dp/B000ENQSJ0/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1232565088&sr=8-5

Sc00bied00

Sep 3, 2007
Visit site
I agree with daveh75, the bridge is configured via the PC, and a short length of CAT 5 between the BD player and the bridge is all thats needed (plus power to the bridge). The netgear set to DHCP will take care of the network and connecting to the bridge

sc00bie

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys i'm now more confused than ever !! Whats the simplest way as i'm not very tech minded

daveh75

any of the solutions that myself, jd and gnomicus will work, they're all basically the same thing!

the mains/ethernet adaptors probably wont work for you, as both units require being plugged in on the same ring main, and as your router is upstair's and BD player downstair's they almost certainly wont be on the same ring main

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts