BBC makes changes to its internet radio streams

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Interesting. Radio 4 is not working on my Pioneer N-30 streamer either, but Radios 1, 2, 3 seem fine. Oddly, when I select R4 there's no sound for a minute or two and eventually it defaults to Radio 6 Music. Clearly something wrong.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Andy Clough said:
Interesting. Radio 4 is not working on my Pioneer N-30 streamer either, but Radios 1, 2, 3 seem fine. Oddly, when I select R4 there's no sound for a minute or two and eventually it defaults to Radio 6 Music. Clearly something wrong.

R4 ok on BBC website and ok on iPlayer Radio.

alastairpearce

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Marantz NA6005 network player yesterday afternoon.

Was listening to the FA Trophy Final stream on BBC Radio Wales live over internet radio (I'm a Wrexham fan!) and all of a sudden the feed disappeared.

Tried tuning into other BBC live internet radio streams, but got a text message on the marantz player display saying 'Track Not Available' and when trying to tune into BBC stations got the 'BBC Audio Format Has Changed' recorded message on the live stream.

Haven't had a chance to see if the BBC live streams are back up and running on the Marantz today, but I hope it was just a temporary glitch because I spend quite a lot of time listening to 6 music over the internet radio function, and this would be a big loss of functionality for me.

alastairpearce

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Xanderzdad said:
All BBC channels on the Sonos were lost this afternoon but are now back. Not sure if it was a TuneIn issue or the BBC.

I had the same problem on my Marantz NA6005 network player yesterday afternoon.

Was listening to the FA Trophy Final stream on BBC Radio Wales live over internet radio (I'm a Wrexham fan!) and all of a sudden the feed disappeared.

Tried tuning into other BBC live internet radio streams, but got a text message on the marantz player display saying 'Track Not Available' and when trying to tune into BBC stations got the 'BBC Audio Format Has Changed' recorded message on the live stream.

Haven't had a chance to see if the BBC live streams are back up and running on the Marantz today, but I hope it was just a temporary glitch because I spend quite a lot of time listening to 6 music over the internet radio function, and this would be a big loss of functionality for me.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts