BBC iplayer compatible android phone

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
As the title suggests. This will be my first venture into smart phone territory, so a total newbie!! I understand from a friend of mine that a lot of smart phones appear to be incompatible with the bbc iplayer, is this correct?. Having visited carphone warehouse yesterday, they seemed unaware of this problem at the cheaper end of the market.

I am after a phone that will work with the BBC iplayer at a cost of less than £200, so any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated.
smiley-laughing.gif

tvmog

Apr 1, 2008
Visit site
Compatibility is very limited on Android. No 3g streaming and content cannot be downloaded to watch later. Which means you need awi fi connection to make use of it, which probably means you will be at home in which case you will probably rather watch on something bigger than a four inch screen. Quite useful for streaming radio while moving around the house.

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks tvmog.

I have wifi at work so was going to use it there in my dinner hour.

I could do with some suggestions on reasonable smart phone with the possibility of playing movie files too, which i can convert from my collection.

Regards .. Paul

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks daveh75 for those links.

I believe its a problem with adobe flash 10.1 or above with certain Android phones being incompatible, hence the reason i was asking if anyone could recommend an Android phone that was known to be compatible.

Cheers .. Paul

dannycanham

May 5, 2009
Visit site
I would go for the Samsung Galaxy second hand from amazon for under £200 but any of the 1GHz processor phones that have a recent android version should do.

iplayer website says

"please note that streaming over 3g is not currently available on iPhone/iPod Touch, Symbian or Android handsets on any mobile network."

A

Anonymous

I also have the HTC desire S and Iplayer works fine on it for me, I think you will be happy with it :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts