Battery Life

Gray

It felt later than the 9.50 a pendulum clock was showing me last night.
I was right - laptop clock confirmed it was in fact 2.17am the next day 🤨

The clock's battery was last replaced in August 2009.
....and the next one has the same (03/2016) manufacturers date printed date on it.
Doubt the 'new' one will do 15 years - my own shelf life could mean I never find out 🤔

I'm not the only sad bastard that writes dates on batteries am I?
IMG_20240811_113826_MP.jpg

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
It felt later than the 9.50 a pendulum clock was showing me last night.
I was right - laptop clock confirmed it was in fact 2.17am the next day 🤨

The clock's battery was last replaced in August 2009.
....and the next one has the same (03/2016) manufacturers date printed date on it.
Doubt the 'new' one will do 15 years - my own shelf life could mean I never find out 🤔

I'm not the only sad bastard that writes dates on batteries am I?
View attachment 7222
:ROFLMAO: Think you might be in a minority Gray.

Gray

How come you started doing that? A fascinating little habit.
That was a polite way of describing it 👍😆
Was just interested to see how long batteries lasted - more just a case of "why not?" I suppose.

Also put dates, out of sight, on things that I've built....when I open them up, I can never believe how much time has passed......which is reason enough to stop doing it 🤪

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
I've had a rant on here before about leaking alkaline batteries destroying battery compartments of various domestic battery driven devices. I think I've now managed to replace all of them with Panasonic eneloop rechargeables. Alkaline batteries are now banished from my house, ruddy things, hate them.

Reactions: Gray

Gray

I've had a rant on here before about leaking alkaline batteries destroying battery compartments of various domestic battery driven devices. I think I've now managed to replace all of them with Panasonic eneloop rechargeables. Alkaline batteries are now banished from my house, ruddy things, hate them.
Seem to remember Duracell at one time promising to pay for any damage their alkalines caused.
No doubt terms and conditions applied.
Maybe they paid out a few times - and that's why they stopped doing it 🤔

DougK1

Jan 4, 2024
Visit site
Seem to remember Duracell at one time promising to pay for any damage their alkalines caused.
No doubt terms and conditions applied.
Maybe they paid out a few times - and that's why they stopped doing it 🤔
Probably. They have been the worst offenders for me, nothing leaks like a Duracell.

Reactions: Gray

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts